Wikileaks: Salvation Through Information?

Actually there can be NO line in Sri Lanka. It is true that Tamils are mainly in the North. But there are Tamils everywhere in Sri Lanka. The same applies for Sinhalese who are mainly in the South and Center. But they are everywhere. Also the third party are the Muslims. For them their religion is more important than their origin, and they are everywhere. Sri Lanka has separate districts with local prime ministers, but who is really ruling is the president of the central government. A viable solution would be those districts to get more power. Prior to the operation of the governmental forces, there was a 'line' and hundereds of thousands of people became refugees within their own country. It didn't work. The rebels were even demanding 'customs fares', an excuse to strip you from your valuables.

EDIT: Oops, put this in the wrong thread. Uh... uh... I really have nothing more to say about WikiLeaks. The leaks themselves were irrelevant, the real problem is the reaction of Western governments--which, I mean, they should really have just shrugged it off--Assange is a self-absorbed ego-maniac doing more harm to his cause than good. That about sums it up!

EDIT 2: And The Greek's 9/11 reference is a horribly misguided and totally inappropriate comment. There's really no way to justify it, it's just real f*cked up.

EDIT 2: And The Greek's 9/11 reference is a horribly misguided and totally inappropriate comment. There's really no way to justify it, it's just real f*cked up.
9/11? Why inappropriate? And why is the simple mentioning of the twins towers as an excuse unjustifiable? Doesn't the majority of informed people agree with me?

The way that I read the comment was not that it was a joke, but part of a Plan to have more government control over the lives of people.

Wikileaks is not revealing anything of importance to us, the info that is being 'released' is superficial at best. Supporters of Assange, are falling into a trap, over his arrest. They have attacked the 'Holy Grail' of The Bankers, MasterCard and VISA. If they continue, the government will use it as an excuse to 'guide' the Internet, so that it can 'never happen again'.

Just as the over-reaching Patriot Act that came out 9/11. Whether or not a person believes that the government of the US was involved in 9/11 -- one thing is for certain. The Patriot Act affects us all. The Feds can collect library data on us, the Feds monitor any transaction involving $10k or more, the Feds can monitor people they consider 'lone wolfs'.

The government, which is always looking for ways to restrict freedom, conveniently either uses 'events', or sometimes creates them, depending on a certain point of view.

For example, the wikileak about Argentina . Nothing there at all. Big deal, a woman is submissive to her husband.

Show us some real leaks about Argentina and South America. Some about Nestor Kirchner's death, Hillary's view of UNASUR . UNASUR is a big deal, since South America would be set free from domination by the United States, and Nestor Kirchner was it's first Secretary General.

That could be a new thread: Wikileaks we'd like to see.

EDIT: Oops, put this in the wrong thread. Uh... uh... I really have nothing more to say about WikiLeaks. The leaks themselves were irrelevant, the real problem is the reaction of Western governments--which, I mean, they should really have just shrugged it off--Assange is a self-absorbed ego-maniac doing more harm to his cause than good. That about sums it up!

how did he do any harm at all? There was no damage done to the countries involved that enemies can exploit.

Real leaks wouldn't be so easy to get.

True. I have been following UNASUR for years. It is a real alternative to the USA's leadership in South America. I would really like to read a Leak about what Hillary thinks of the situation now that Nestor Kirchner, its' first leader, has died. We will never read something about that, or anything quite that relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm, now this is interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2011/feb/08/saudi-oil-reserves-overstated-wikileaks

Wikileaks reveals that there is some concern among the Saudis and the US government that Saudi Arabia's oil reserves may be running out. Oh my, this is very bad news indeed for the House of Saud. When the oil runs out, their heads will roll (maybe quite literally).

Oil is running out practically everywhere. ;) Despite those places with 'potential,' global peak production passed years ago. The oil that's left in the world is harder to reach, extract, purify and is of lower quality anyway.

Which on the bright side will mean the end of civilisation as we know it.

Your ignorance is proverbial. There is plenty of oil out there. Admitted harder to extract it, etc but technology aint as it was 30 years ago. And provided the current prices the profit for the CAPITALIST PIGS is the same as it used to be back then. And not only oil. There is NG, uranium and many more...

Greece alone can cover the energy needs of the whole Europe, you like it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
Greece alone can cover the energy needs of the whole Europe, you like it or not.

Then you should have no trouble exporting massive amounts of fuel to cover the unrest in Africa, which would also lift your dismal little economy out of the doldrums. Funny, that doesn't seem to be happening. How strange.