Dune2k - The Ultimate Guide to Multiplayer Game

Digit@l

ok, retronline_dune2000 is ok bt could be better. I have played with experience players before. I realize they are too quick for me :( but it would be better to play with my friend so i will practice hard untill i get better :D

it was interesting experience which is i have never done in multiplaying before.

Thanks for all your help, guys. cheers : D

• Upvote 1

use this version to play dune 2000..

It worked for me on win7 64bit...  8)

Thanks, it now also works here, but it wasn't in the Dune 2000 version, it was the "Win7+Vista_ipx_x64.reg" that did it. The internals should be like this for windows 7 (64bit):

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\DirectPlay\Service Providers\IPX Connection For DirectPlay]"dwReserved1"=dword:00000032"dwReserved2"=dword:00000000"Guid"="{685BC400-9D2C-11cf-A9CD-00AA006886E3}""Path"="dpipxsp.dll""DescriptionA"="IPX Connection For DirectPlay""DescriptionW"="IPX Connection For DirectPlay"
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Don't kill me for bumping this, but it's worth it.

We have a server running, using the WOL UI (Westwood Online). There are no more LAN limitations (like 60 seconds connect time sometimes, the limit of 6 players online at a time) and also, thanks to FunkyFr3sh, the connection speed and stability is much better. In other words, this server does all that LAN did, but it's much more faster and stable.

In order to connect to the WOL server, channel alman, all you have to do is download this installer and run it. It will AUTOMATICALLY install Dune and hamachi, it will also automatically join the proper hamachi network without you having to touch anything. There was never an easier way to play online than now, use this opportunity dune fans! Once everything is installed, the Dune 2000 Launcher (created by funky) will show up. To play online, select "play online", the game will launch. Now go to Multiplayer -> Internet. At the login screen, do NOT register, just enter a username and a password and the server will automatically register them for next time. Congrats, you are now playing online :) You ma use the "chat" button from the launcher as well, that will launch "dune 2000 chat", a great program created by the same funkyfr3sh which allows you to connect to WOL alman channel and talk wih peopl inside without opening up Dune. This is a great way of checking who's online or chatting wit them without to have dune running in the background.

For more details, see http://d2kplus.com/multi.php

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me here or on the server/hamachi.

See you all there :) 

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...