DC 07 00 00 4A 00 00 00

19 00 00 00 FF 04 00 00

3E 00 00 00 C9 FF FF FF

40 00 00 00 40 00 00 00

0C 00 00 00 08 00 00 00

02 00 00 00 02 03 32 28

5A 99 00 64 02 00 00 00

E8 03 00 00 99 03 00 00

results : EXTREME .. copy these values of hex into your vars.bin and start the game, you wil get bunch of crates on map . editing lower sections will disable repair or make it instant editing middle section will slow down refining spice from harvesters to refinery process. editing upper section - no effects

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

changing

0000000 -- 3C 00 00 00 64 00 00 00

0000008 -- 3C 00 00 00 DC 05 00 00

0000010 -- DC 05 00 00 0A 00 00 00

0x00 3c to 3a 64 replace with 99

0x08 change dc to ff and 05 to 99

0x10 change 05 to 99 and 0a to 9a

0x40 make it 5A 99

have fun i have found something funny that allow overclock spice value from 100 credits up to 150.

im working on overclocking silo capacity

=================

news ! starport unit cost is negative on few units if you purchase and cancel , game will crash , so when you purchase you must accept it .. no more emprty silo cheat :D i just find it out now haha

=====================

if you have any problems this is balanced version it allow about 100 crates in skirmish game, refinery overclocking disabled starport price jump up fixed (back to normal)

here are values for stable hack that do many stuff but wont hurt game mechanics

open vars.bin with hex editor and copy these values remember about data!! adresses are placed first post, placing wrong value in wrong adress will result in crash! tested it

3C 00 00 00 99 00 00 00

3C 00 00 00 FF 40 00 00

DC 09 00 00 0A 00 00 00

10 00 00 00 FF 12 00 00

3E 00 00 00 B1 FF FF FF

40 00 00 00 40 00 00 00

0C 00 00 00 08 00 00 00

02 00 00 00 02 03 32 28

5A 32 00 64 02 00 00 00

E8 03 00 00 99 99 00 00

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

vars.bin was not "decompressed" i can only make lottery shots on editing it. it caused my buldings get instant repair , spice harvested value increase and caused amount of crates on map go crazy and spawn over 100 of them. when i have more time i will do some weird things with it, i it affected radar too that why i did notthing more research , no time, no people to help , and vars means VARIABLES

i have did use dragon unpacker to "mutilate" vars.bin but it started to generate alot of files that did not appear too related to dune2000 at all

editing circles.bin change shroud setting, by doing some editing you can make shorud revealing like chessplate

in one of my findings i crashed game as spice tried to spawn on rock and there was error related to it. funny but useless.

my target was to find unit types for skirmish to make devastators on spawn. but i found other things.

one more thing that i found right now - starport cost units are negative and game crash when i purchase and cancel.

get some hex editor for windows , i have that one that allow edit files in properties menu, so i dont need any hex editor programs, its for me better i had several hex editors around to find right version working for me like i wish. only that one. search for "in properties hex editor"

and to let you know all vars.bin files aree different , if you paste here content of your vars.bin file and i will do they will be different whatever modified or not.

possible the file structire after game install is changing. i found this after installing dune2000 several times to make copies for moddin , all vars.bin files were different than rest. other bytes numbers , hho hex editor was good to make some findings but its too memory consuming for me.

i hope it helps. if you place your vars.bin content will i do to find differences, you can do same by installing dune like 2 - 3 times , evry install vars.bin file inside is changing. i dont know if it affect the game if i copy other vars.bin to new install, will must do several ttesting aswell..so waiting for some helpers/volunteers

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

here is my  release nr one. its  just part of three releases (more inside)

i am not  amigabot and never was him,

amigabot has left   project but  i continued for some time.  i have finished aswell because other games are awaiting  for my mod hands,   i am good at  LUA  language  (lua is also  handled by homeworld 2 ) i  played it for long time and still play(  homeworld 2), it has more future than dune2k because   LUA is very elastic and allow   really great  modding powers . about dune projects,  we had  huge dreams, but all have been extinguished we both wanted do mmo dune2k , i had good dedicated server but we were looking for   skeleton that could be carrying up our idea for  mmo. for me was better  unity engine choice , because  ogame engine  would be ugly,   real-time mmo would give  an something  that  hamachi wont give you.

have fun and  hack  the vars.bin --  hope  you find two easter eggs  in two of these files

as for MMO we wanted to

create  a huge map  for  up to  500 players size  like    6400x6400 , that would be like 300meg or more  map file

each  area  would have   spawnpoints.  

was planned to create 100 regions  , each region could carry 50 players

each region would have  spawnpoints and huge  places to harves spice , build bases bunker up infantry/tanks  crates with  weapon / speed /  armour  upgrades ,  one-shot  superweapons  npc  AI enchanced and very dangerous

new tilesets  for each region (we had plan for forest  urban concrete  and inland/island , units would be loaded to carryal and delivered to destination target for unload. whole combats/gameplay would be for 3d. i had  buy  dedicated server  and maintenained it for 4 - 5 months  while working on this,  finally   that was no sense , i cancel server after   month and 7 days  - 4 days later project was abadoned.  we tried gather more people but  on our local city nobody was looking for game programming  jobs so after  that we scrapped  project.  i had done on unity  basic infantry  , all houses construction yards concretes and wind traps withr efinery and barracks, we have could release it for infantry game only. but since server was cancelled,  no point to  keep it.  there was total  39 gigs of files 

as for dune modding,  i just want to know how to disable  in  mis file  auto-sell option/ability so  AI will keep his base when  out of money - this is last thing i want to know ..., want to make last  thing for community - my hardcore mission, but need find way to add all 8 houses to map. , i cat make sandworm house to get work,  if i give them mcv via reinforcement - they deploy and sell it,  i put for myself few buldings and set condition beserk  if my barrack is destroyed,  but   sandworm sells  construction yard after its deployed.

actual map editor do not allow me to  add sandworm/choam   buldings. so cannot  make   hardcore missionn

vars.zip

Aha you say u arent amigabot but ur talking exactly like him . Maybe you are twins, btw wheres amigabot now, why did he leave? :) anyways, give sandworm skirmish AI and see if it still sells CY, it shouldnt do though. If it still sells it I doubt u can achieve that. :D

no twins,   no way, you could do  DNA tests. amigabot  had problems, his  jobs company bancruit he lost his  job he was assembling  computers that later  go to shops so you can buy them. he is  on the way to  great britain i know him personally but seen him only  once when he  reach my city  he phoned me  to get meet him to take the cd with   his  findings,   in fact he just written  road for me , and i used his road to travel my car ..

i managed to  take more informations what really happened,  he left   this place for 3 reasons , 1 lost  job and need find other to feed family since theres notthing for him   because of crisis , he  will  get to great britain for job and he  already contacted some managers and they  are  looking for someone like him.  2  ea nailed his friends  because of dune , e feel that because  of him , he tried to make company  for modders so they could come here and assist in modding. . all  this fall.  reason nr 3.  dune2000  has reached  lifetime. its old dead outdated game with o future, no reason to defibrilate dead computer game.

amigabot not planning to return to d2k , hes going to learn   other modding language and possible  be working for making  GTA V mods

because creating mods for  other games is safe and u wont get nailed for  touching dead rat.  why i quit? same reason dead game futureless  there is notthing for me to do, creating  missions ,  digging in game files, its not my favourite  action.i would better grave digging for  dead games ^^

i will be watching this place for some time. maybe you have more luck with things that  gave first my release, next is planned after  my checks  , want to be sure where amigabot  raised white flag . ..

as for my last  breath on this place,  the  AI i have imported right now from prac_mis , but AI is  no deploying  MCV that come frm carryal .. opnly would help map editor with choam house add-on but   actual  map editor let add only 7 houses.

update aprt two.  somehow  choam used deviator as seen   their   construction yard but no bulding anything, no repairing it, i checked vars.bin if  it was problem but no , i can repair my buldings,  so then there is problem with  sandworm  AI. its  not configured fr normal AI, it has programmed only sandworm function, no control of base.  howewer if i give them army throught  carryals, they go attack  enemies,   adding the campagin AI to choam  give result that  choam sell construction yard. , so cant bite that.

there is like 2 - 3 unrevealed functions in vars.bin i think,. i just   got  some small tweaking   , possible it was  something more . but  we do not have anybody to look into this.

we have map editor  that edit map files,  we have mis editor and uil editor,  why not   get bin editor?  my  accurate  findings give somewhat like beginning to this. but someone of you should try luck.  i am sure that building editor for bin files could let  touch more advanced  options , because  i have  just found  ability to edit them now, but we ened better  editor than using hex :D