Custom Campaign Creations

sandworm

Here is another creation of mine. Ive spent a good deal of time on it.

Its a remake of A9V1. In this mission you are granted with the assistance of the Fremen. The Fremen have 2 bases surrounding yours. One is Grey, the other I chose player 8's house (known as choam, in this case the brown color) I think that color better suits the fremen. Initially I had both as grey but I wanted to distinguish between the 2 players.

Anyway, I recommend playing these on hard. This map is just a demonstration on how AI works with very little tweaking. Eventually I will make 3 campaigns fully functional, each house having an ally (Atreides:Fremen, Harkonnen:Smugglers, Ordos:Mercenaries)

Have fun.

A9V1.zip

Em, the silver one plays extremely good. The choam plays very bad.

So I think that you have wanted to show us that.

Well very good DONE.

Now can you make one with no building to start like in multi and build buildings and army and play is as good as possible ?

Well if you are able to do that release it to test it.

WRONG

harkonnen has emperor

atreides has fremen

ordos has smuggler and mercenaries and choam. but choam is separate house so evryone can acccess it

but nice job

Well Emperor really does not have an ally, he is always against the house that makes it so far even when you play Harkonnen.

I allied harkonnen with smugglers because you see them the most with harkonnen. But the alliances i created are just my custom creations not definite.

Em, the silver one plays extremely good. The choam plays very bad.

So I think that you have wanted to show us that.

Well very good DONE.

Now can you make one with no building to start like in multi and build buildings and army and play is as good as possible ?

Well if you are able to do that release it to test it.

Yes I know the choam player does not play as well, they are more of an outpost. I did not want to make them TOO powerful, for there would be no challenge.

and yes I can make the mission with no base just an mcv

Well Emperor really does not have an ally, he is always against the house that makes it so far even when you play Harkonnen.

I allied harkonnen with smugglers because you see them the most with harkonnen. But the alliances i created are just my custom creations not definite.

Yes I know the choam player does not play as well, they are more of an outpost. I did not want to make them TOO powerful, for there would be no challenge.

and yes I can make the mission with no base just an mcv

Just to establish, has this CHOAM player ever actually been verified, because I don't remember ever seeing a reference to it?

Just to establish, has this CHOAM player ever actually been verified, because I don't remember ever seeing a reference to it?

Well I only said Choam because thats what everyone was calling it.. However, it has the same structures as the Atreides, so its sort of like a Fremen Type 2 to me  ???. To me Its player 8-OR Other or Sandworm. But there is a player 8 obviously and can be a fully functional player/AI.

I Will fulfill your requests when I have the time, unfortunatly I ran out for the day, But will continue in the near future to edit the map.

yess we have plans to get 20 missions!!  but this  will be different as changes in some files must be done  so game can read additional data.. btw how do we  solve  selection map?  ern place where you attack :D  but  my and devasta ideas for future will be futuristic

if we can setup events and triggers we can setup new maps and missions.

example

for harkonnen mission 10 it will be  revenge of house ordos,  i described map for campagin on player made campagins topic with described map and file. 

harkonnen mission 11 : shielding the gate

harkonnen mission 12 . atreides palace

harkonnen mission 13  chance

harkonnen mission 14  stairway to paradise

harkonnen mission 15 betrayal of emperor

harkonnen mission 16 Hostilities end

harkonnen mission 17 secrets of fremen

harkonnen mission 18 progenitors of arrakis

harkonnen mission 19  the battlefield

harkonnen mission 20 grand finale (allies none, enemies  any house) its 1 vs  7 ai

ordos mission 10 retribution

ordos mission 11 experiment

ordos mission 12 ixian's rebirth

ordos mission 13 smugglers incoming

ordos mission 14 danger from north

ordos mission 15  exchange

ordos mission 16 atreides trap

ordos mission 17 harkonnen palace

ordos mission 18 double truble

ordos mission 19  one last attempt

ordos mission 20 trinity of death ( allies mercenary  choam , enemies remaining houses

since im getting  less time and ever  getting out (im driving to other city for 10 days) i will continue working on harkonnen mission 11  only harkonnen mission 10 will be having two maps, maybe last mission, for ordos umm  three maps for last mission?

Sounds excellent, the one thing I would love to do, is develop our own mission briefings where you see new units available, and the objectives in text.

As for triggers, im going to be doing alot of testing. I know how to add new triggers and conditions, I mainly focused on adding more reinforcements in the mission.

I have only one more week of this semester and then finals, and after that, there will be plenty of time to test and reveal the secrets of Dune 2000 :D

Well the mercenary in the mission you have made for me (thanks a lot for that :) ) are attacking very good. They don't defend they're harvesters. They don't build refinery's or wind traps. They sell they're buildings after build a few. Like repair pad, outpost and others.

I think it is because you have give them static refinery and wind trap.

Try to only give them at start up a MCV. And a few tanks.

MAN  they need starport first!! and give them 4 - 5 wind traps. and two refineries so they will build base

06v2 repaired

1. tewrrain repair (removed scratches replaced some missing terrain near mercenary base)

2. mercenary repair (added few more wind traps

3. something inside your base (SPECIAL)

now mercenary wont sell anything  as they get huge power reserves

O6V2.zip

Yes I did notice that they wont build windtraps, there is still some more coding that has to be changed around to alter their AI. Other wise they attack well and defend their base. Im gonna give your map a shot Amiga, ill let you know when I do

To SCX:

It is good! Terrain wise, flawless so far (haven't explored all the map yet).  Dirt clump size, good to build and maintain.  Your terrain allows the enemies to attack from two ways, and the attack frequency is incredible (though that's thanks to the original .mis file).  The pre-built bases look aesthetically good and compact, while still allowing free movement of troops.  Spice is abundant, and I will see if spice blooms are too, if I can last long enough.

The difficulty is good; it is indeed challenging since you will share a large part of your spice field with the Atredies, and any Merc offences will be repelled by the Harkonnen outpost.  This means this mission will require heavy defending.  And the heavy losses on the Mercs sides would mean immediate action from you to balance the score (and prevent the Mercs to turn neutral).  Well, at least I could go, "I didn't know the original AI can send 6 atredies sonic tanks at once."

Well, that's your map.  Here's mine in return, hot from complete testing.  A9V2 will be hard, but at least the originator here had completed it in, say, 5 hours?  Play to enjoy!

Play his mission.  This is the mission.

Loval Horae Midas

A9V2.zip

Ooo, this is nothing (may map), if you play may map with may mod will be sumthink else. Very challenging. :))) I have play it 3 times and I was defeated 3 times. :)  (on normal) Of course it has not have so much spice.

O, your map is extremely intresting :)

both maps  EXCELLIENT!!!

huge great work. that is   suuuper!!

lets create campagin for further ! i mean  missions after 9th.

=================

dont ruin smugglers,  remove from them sell-back function. make them 2 starpots so you capture one but second remain in their possession. andd add them small base  to defend they should make some army too not big but atleast to do something good.