I am using Vuze since I found out that you can stream movies from your laptop to your gaming system (i.e. Xbox 360, PS3). Does anybody here also use Vuze and have any suggestions on any technical problems I might experience. I know I should go to the Vuze forums but they do not have a love for all things Dune. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

If I want to stream videos from my PC to my 360 or PS3, I just use the normal method.  Set up Media Sharing in both Network and Sharing Center and WMP, then access the files via the appropriate option for your console.

For Xbox 360, this is: My Xbox > Video Library > COMPUTERNAME:Username > [shared Video Folder] > Video.avi

For PS3, this is: Video > COMPUTERNAME:Username > Videos > Folders > [shared Video Folder] > Video.avi

No need for any other program and very little technical support. :)

Also, just to check... do you mean Zune, as opposed to Vuze?  Because the latter is a BitTorrent client.

I am using Vuze since I found out that you can stream movies from your laptop to your gaming system (i.e. Xbox 360, PS3). Does anybody here also use Vuze and have any suggestions on any technical problems I might experience. I know I should go to the Vuze forums but they do not have a love for all things Dune. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Works perfect for me, just boot your 360 and tell vuze to search for devices.

@Dragoon Knight

No I meant Vuze not Zune. Vuze is a bit torrent client but it also can stream media for you.

@Andrew

Yes it can stream media to your television set using either Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 (not sure about Wii but I am certain it can do the same task). I will have a look at Tversity as an alternative.

@Gruntlord6

What media format did you have to use? That is where I encounter my problem, the system, a Xbox 360, is recognized but the media file will not play. I have used the suggested setting but nothing as of yet.

If any of youse guys have suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...

@Dragoon Knight

No I meant Vuze not Zune. Vuze is a bit torrent client but it also can stream media for you.

@Andrew

Yes it can stream media to your television set using either Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 (not sure about Wii but I am certain it can do the same task). I will have a look at Tversity as an alternative.

@Gruntlord6

What media format did you have to use? That is where I encounter my problem, the system, a Xbox 360, is recognized but the media file will not play. I have used the suggested setting but nothing as of yet.

If any of youse guys have suggestions.

I have vuze transcode avi files to mp4