Ubuntu on Virtual PC

I'm running Ubuntu on virtual PC in my vista. Al thought I'm having trouble feeling at home in linux/ubuntu, I did a quick programming tutorial and that went pretty nice.

Problem now is that the resolution is 800x600 (on my 1680x1050 screen) and I can't get it bigger. I searched/googled, but only found old and unclear stuff (to me).

Could somewhere perhaps help/guide me to fixing this? Some tips/hints on programming (Python and C++) in Ubuntu would also be nice (like which program to use).  :D

I'm running Ubuntu on virtual PC in my vista. Al thought I'm having trouble feeling at home in linux/ubuntu, I did a quick programming tutorial and that went pretty nice.

Problem now is that the resolution is 800x600 (on my 1680x1050 screen) and I can't get it bigger. I searched/googled, but only found old and unclear stuff (to me).

Could somewhere perhaps help/guide me to fixing this? Some tips/hints on programming (Python and C++) in Ubuntu would also be nice (like which program to use).  :D

did you download the closed source nvidia/ati drivers? or are you using the default ones?

Thanks. I installed Virtual Box and after some trying I also got the guest additions working. Now I have Ubuntu 9.10 full screen in Vista.  :D

Next step is to try some GTK+ so I can make a program that works as well on windows as on ubuntu (linux).

Only thing I might not like is that I need to add all these little files when I make a windows version of my program. I thought about writing it all in OpenGL, but will be a big mess...  ???