Vista and Windows 7 Fix

Gruntlord6

MrFlibble, with full OS emulation I meant full system emulation running the original OS. Like virtual PC.

athanasios: That's just Firefox sucking up all your CPU. It's pretty bad when it comes to that, especially when running Flash stuff.

MrFlibble, with full OS emulation I meant full system emulation running the original OS. Like virtual PC.

athanasios: That's just Firefox sucking up all your CPU. It's pretty bad when it comes to that, especially when running Flash stuff.

not really that bad, I run windows 2000 in virtual pc 2007 and it doesnt even use all my ram(2gb) then again i am 64 bit with a 2.2ghz dual core.

It's possible to install and run Windows 3.x and even Windows 9x under DOSBox, so it's pretty much an emulation of a 386/486 PC with DOS.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you for uploading Dune 2000. I have a laptop running Windows 7 and it works. However, when I executed the patch, a message poped-up stating that not all files could be updated. I'll let you know if this interfere with the actual game. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thank you for uploading Dune 2000. I have a laptop running Windows 7 and it works. However, when I executed the patch, a message poped-up stating that not all files could be updated. I'll let you know if this interfere with the actual game. Thanks again!

Its pre patched.

Edit: do you mean patch.exe? It says that sometimes, but I have yet to notice a problem.

• 1 month later...

Hye there, thanks for making this.. I missed this game so much! I'm using win7 x64 with radeon 5850 videocard... it ran fine but it flickers a lot.. at first it blinking.. after I add "-f" at the end of target of the shortcut (like in the troubleshooting advice) it flickers... is there something I can do to eliminate it.. If anyone know how to change resolution or something.. that'd be helpful.. maybe it's just because I use 1080p monitor at 60Hz?? Thanks in forward..

Can you not increase the Hz and check? But generally TFTs shouldn't flicker.

I cannot really answer on my other account, the email was shut down by a hacker and I forgot the password :/

Try running in compatibility mode with the oldest drivers you can find.

• 1 year later...

First off, please don't double-post, use the "Edit" button instead.

Secondly, you should really specify your problem with running Dune 2000 (?) on Windows 7, otherwise there's little chance you'll get help. Also, you will probably have a better chance of finding a solution if you ask here instead.

As for finding a copy of the game, try Googling for it. Services like Amazon.com might have new or used physical copies of the game, and perhaps it's also sold as a web download from places like GOG.com (don't know for sure, but maybe).

• 4 weeks later...

Any possibility of re-uploading the installer(s), Grunt?

I'm in a nostalgic mood, and I've already played through the first two games. :)

Edit: Managed to find a copy of your installer elsewhere. It's a great little tool - would have been nice to be able to choose installation location though. :happy:

• 4 months later...

Any possibility of re-uploading the installer(s), Grunt?

I'm in a nostalgic mood, and I've already played through the first two games. :)

Edit: Managed to find a copy of your installer elsewhere. It's a great little tool - would have been nice to be able to choose installation location though. :happy:

On the latest version you can, which can be found on the website: http://gruntmods.com/Projects/Downloads/Dune_2000/