Dune December update

Dunenewt

An update for December, which means Christmas is upon us - any ideas for Dune related presents?  How about a Dune mug to drink your spice coffee from?

December's article for improvement in the Dune Wiki is God Emperor of Dune.  This page is currently empty, so please get contributing with all your Dune knowledge.

News has been pretty slow for the last couple of weeks, no real news on the Dune movie, other than Peter Berg saying in an interview, "Dune for a variety of reasons wasn't the right thing".

Kevin J Anderson has recently given an interview to a French Sci-Fi website.  Here's a snippet:

"Frank Herbert

News has been pretty slow for the last couple of weeks, no real news on the Dune movie, other than Peter Berg saying in an interview, "Dune for a variety of reasons wasn't the right thing".

To quote Mr. Berg:

'Dune' kind of got me over the hump where I had sort of met enough world creation designers to understand how you go about doing it.

Well, we can all be kind of happy that Mr. Berg is no longer going to sort of direct, like, a Dune movie :P

Berg is a moron. And his films pretty much suck.

Anderson still doesn't realize that WORDS ACTUALLY MEAN THINGS, so he has no problem letting steaming piles of utter crap just fall, splatting, from his facial anus.

Dune blog? On the official site? Is Byron or Kim doing it now?

I mean, the "Dune" blog there has never been anything more than a mirror of KJA's blatherings elsewhere. Is there actually separate/independent content there now? (And WTF? I've had the damned thing loading in another window for like five minutes now. Since the theme & other upgrade over there, it's been even more absolute sh*t than before.) Anyway, I think the potential <i>Letotard of Dune</i> renaming was announced already, back during the WoD tour in the summer. It's supposed to be about the early years of Leto's reign.

I'm actually quite looking forward to the last Heroes book ... and not simply for the obvious reason that it will be the last! I can't wait to see what a total balls-up KJA makes of it trying to write Leto. :D

<i>The Golden Path of Dune</i>. (snort) Considering how they portrayed the GP as being colossally wrong in <i>Grunters</i> & <i>Sadworms</i>, imagine what BS this will contain. Leto as a deluded egomaniac tyrant. Mmmm ... good READING! ::) Maybe the publisher will pull the plug after 2011's <i>The Thrown (Up) of Dune</i>....

<i>The Golden Path of Dune</i>. (snort) Considering how they portrayed the GP as being colossally wrong in <i>Grunters</i> & <i>Sadworms</i>, imagine what BS this will contain. Leto as a deluded egomaniac tyrant.

From the Sandworms quotes I read, I think they came up with a bit more complicated idea, that the Golden Path was kinda good for some time, but on the long run it totally screwed everything up, as the humanity "unlearned" to obey a single charismatic leader (so basically Leto II is a good guy, according to KJA/BH's idea in Sandworms... or isn't he charismatic enough? He would have been, probably, if he used his instant transformation skill more often in the public. Maybe even renamed himself Man/Worm? "Man power go!", eh? :D)

I guess they'll just get entagled in inconsistencies, as usual. "Leto II was a good guy, and then suddenly, he totally wasn't!"

Yeah, at least it looks like they've stopped simply mirroring KJA's blog.

(The Herberts need their damned heads examined. Presumably they're paying for the domain registration and hosting expenses. Although I think I remember KJA blogging [read: whining] about how he and Brian were splitting the expense for something ... ??)

Ah, but you forget the glory that will be...

<i>SMELLHOLE</i>!

The original series by Kevin J. Anderson and Brian Herbert, coming summer 2010! :D

(No, I won't be. I learned my lesson finally, for good, with the first volume of KJA's Terribly Incongruous series. I'll only read his McDune crap from now on.)

• 3 weeks later...

There's a reason I stopped reading these books with the end of Hunters of Dune, I'm not sure the ghost of Frank Herbert particularly wanted his universe to be milked for 11!! books, with no end in sight.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you not read the Saga of Seven Suns, or whatever it was called?

No. But I can understand your thinking so, judging from my deranged behavior. :P When I first contact Kevin over on MySpace, he made a big public show of sending me a copy of <i>Hidden Empire</i>, the first book of the series. (Little did I know at the time that he has these rooms and rooms under his house