[TUT]Converting R16 images to TGA

mvi

Looking good. Excuses for complaining right away, but I would rather have a zoom function that enlarges the image on "pixel level" so no blur. You have opened a .R16 file, but the "Bits Per Pixel" still says 8? A little luxury would be if I can export the images without the pink background and a nice big button that says "Export all". :-)

Yep that's fine, I can add nearest neighbour filtering.

The BPP is per entry, what it says there is actually correct, many sprites inside R16s are actually 8 bit.

Yep, I can add an Export All as well :-)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorting out the button alignment issue for the high res patch means that I figured out the format of UI_ENG, so the Resource Editor can now load any of the R8 and R16 files that come with Dune 2000.

The only thing I still need to figure out are the images in Data.R* which use a referenced palette, I haven't got a clue where the palette is that they're using. This is the same problem that the Game Archive UnPacker has. Once I figure out those palettes, we'll have a Resource Editor that can edit every sprite in every .R8 and .R16 file.

• Upvote 2

Cracked the final sprite type, turns out it was actually very simple.

yBqfpM8.png

By comparison, this is what the Game Archive UnPacker produces:

xKr03oU.png

This resolves all sprite issues in DATA.R16 and some in DATA.R8. There is now only one sprite issue, which is the shroud sprites in DATA.R8. Other than the 8 bit shroud, every Resource sprite can now be loaded (and thus edited).

• Upvote 3

Cracked the final sprite type, turns out it was actually very simple.

[img=http://i.imgur.com/yBqfpM8.png]

By comparison, this is what the Game Archive UnPacker produces:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/xKr03oU.png]

This resolves all sprite issues in DATA.R16 and some in DATA.R8. There is now only one sprite issue, which is the shroud sprites in DATA.R8. Other than the 8 bit shroud, every Resource sprite can now be loaded (and thus editied).

greta mvi...

nice job...

i'm still waiting for you to finish it...

but how did you fix the file???

Looking good. Excuses for complaining right away, but I would rather have a zoom function that enlarges the image on "pixel level" so no blur. You have opened a .R16 file, but the "Bits Per Pixel" still says 8? A little luxury would be if I can export the images without the pink background and a nice big button that says "Export all". :-)

I had to rewrite how the images get rendered, but zoom now renders using nearest neighbour, instead of fltering.

A5Omx7t.png

• Upvote 1