A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy

gunner154

Guys, the Dawn of War 2 Beta is out exclusively for Soulstorm owners. Those without Soulstorm have to wait till 28th Jan.

You can get it easily via Steam by registering your Soulstorm CDkey with Steam (this means you can play it as a Steam game, no disc required!). After that, DoW2 Beta will be available to you.

I'm downloading it now, though I'm rather apprehensive based on the opinions of others. They have gripes with slow pace of game, smaller-scaled battles, lack of power in sound effects, etc.

Otherwise, it should be a blast. The beta will last till the game gets released on retail in Feb, which gives beta players 4 weeks to try it out.

You do need a Windows LIVE account. Anyone tried it yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome, the Astartes are here to re-unite uss with the Holy Emperor on Terra... wait, isn't that where we are now?

Nice Space Marine cosplays. I thought most cosplays were Ultramarines.

For the record, I'm not getting DoW2. A few reasons, mainly due to what I see to be the dumbing down of the gameplay. On the other hand, I've found a great modification for Dawn of War - DoWpro, DC edition. Or DCpro for short.

Link here. It's a mod that restores deleted content from the game, introducing a bit more content, adding a lot of depth to gameplay (like restoring commander wargear used in the campaign) and balancing it all. There's also a version of SSpro (for Soulstorm) but it's not finalised for now. At least the mod brings back some nostalgic stuff, like Gabriel Angelos from the first game, as well as hard counters (eg Dark Reapers against Heavy Infantry and Warp Spiders against Light Infantry). Worth looking into, especially if you aren't busy with DoW2.

Cool.  Edric - are you one of the guys in the photo?

Haha, no, I randomly found those pictures while looking for a space marine wallpaper on DeviantArt. I am very careful that there are no publicly available photos of myself online.

Although I guess there would be no reason to be paranoid about posting a picture of me in a cosplay suit with a face-concealing mask. Alas, I don't have one. :(

It's okay Edric, you can start getting one. Maybe dress yourself up like a greenskin ;)

I use a W40k themed wallpaper that is based on the novel Titanicus (W40k). Check out the Black Library site for it - the site isn't working for me now. It's a really mind blowing wallpaper with Imperial Titans standing out with Space Marines and Leman Russ tanks on the ground. It also has a calendar for the month of October 2008 (that was when the wallpaper was released) but I just use it for the picture anyway.

• 1 year later...

For the record, Firestorm Over Kronus, a Dawn of War modification for Dark Crusade (not Soulstorm, yet), is currently at version 3.5. Version 3.6 will be out soon with improved AI, bugfixes and more updated models.

It features extra units from the various tabletop codices, and is balanced according to tabletop. Visuals are also greatly improved overall as newer, high-quality (and accurate) models are made by the team for the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You have got to be shitting me O.O!!!!!!!!!!!!  A 40K MMO ????  how is that even possible?  and not gonna let me play as either of my choice raises ;.; (at least its extremely unlikely because they are tyranids and necrons)