Organized "Dune Tribes" Game Friday, March 28th

Tezcatlipoca

I just wanted to extend an invitation to anyone interested.

This friday, March 28th, myself and a few other players are going to get together for a game of "Dune Tribes," a mod for Starseige: Tribes (available for free download).

More info about how to get started with the game is available here:

http://forum.dune2k.com/index.php?topic=7757.msg114151#msg114151

We'll be playing from about 8:00pm Eastern-Standard (US/Canada) until about midnight or after.

The server we'll be playing on is named "Tupile" and can be found on the main server listing in the game.

We'll also be coordinating in game with the voice communication software GameComm (www.gamecomm.com for that program and to register (free)). We'll be on the voice server with the address "Tribes".

If you're interested and have any questions, let me know and I'll help you out.

I'm downloading tribes now. Although I doubt I will be able to play because of my ISP. I'd love to though.

Can someone upload the 1.8-1.11 patch? It's only 5.6 mb, but I'm having a hard time finding it without having to sign up at fileplanet.

EDIT:

Nevermind, found a link in my old post in tribes thread.

http://www.the-junkyard.net/files-tribes.php?action=listfiles&category=8

I got tor network running. So I can connect to non port 80 ports.

I installed it and tried connecting to us main server thing but it will not connect. Is there a specific server I have to use in the tribes game? I changed the port number that came with it, so I forget what it is supposed to be.

Is your server listed on the main us server thing?

also

http://www.jmods.bravepages.com/tribesFullInstall.html

Download link for tribes does not work (sierra). your downlaod.com html code is messed up as well.

Ya. Trying to fix that link now. The siera FTP however appears to work just fine for me.

Course.. I'd avoid the jmods page as much as possible :( It's so spammy. The tutorial is a better bet; it has all the links, with more information, better organized, and no popups/ads. The server should be perfectly visible on the main server listing page. Use the default Master Server to get the server listing--they are currently working just fine. If you don't see my server there, refresh the full list once or twice. Sometimes the Master Server clears its list and you catch it at a time where servers are haven't sent out their "I'm alive" packets yet. Check out the attached image for what the server name, type, and even IP/port should, and will be.

post-2032-1283323963458_thumb.jpg

No problem. The server should be remaining up for a while. Although I can't promise you many players at any point next week. So far tonight it looks like we have a good number, so it should be fun if you can spare the time (which for you unfortunately would land at about midnight to 4am...) :/