What Dune books have you read?

Emperor Harkonnen

The fab six, plus hunters and sand worms.  also Butlerian Jihad.

...talking about the two sequels below...

[hide]Yes, i would've liked to explore different characters than just the original cast in the sequels, but I did find it quite interesting to experience the dilemma they each faced with knowing the identity of who they will become as a person through the whole ghola thrashing process.  The Dr. Yueh drama was fun to read through imo.  I mean in youth, most people have this feeling that anything is possible.  (you remember when you wanted to be a fireman, doctor, astronaut...rock star..ect.) well, these youths didn't have that option. they knew exactly who it was they would become.  sort of a fascinating dilemma from a psychological point of view.  [/hide]

Wasn't that sufficiently explored in Heretics and Chapterhouse with Duncan and Teg gholas?

[hide]I didn't think they were told that they were gholas...actually maybe duncan was.  But I can't seem to remember if they were told who they would become[/hide]

hmm. I think that you are correct about that. lol, guess that part wasn't new after all. been so long since I read those I must've forgot.

I didn't think they were told that they were gholas...actually maybe duncan was.  But I can't seem to remember if they were told who they would become

Both Duncan and Teg knew they were gholas prior to memory recovery, and ghola Teg even studied a lot of historical facts about "the Bashar" of whom he thought of as someone else but knew that he'd become him once his memories are back.