Dune renaissance?

Dunenewt

quit dragging out specific points in my post, and see them as a whole instead.  >:(

But I am trying to see it as a whole! That's why I wanted to add more parallels and related references. Can these cylons that don't know they're robots be reactivated to complete their infiltration mission? Or do they "forget" who they really are entirely? Do they impersonate any real, existing humans, or do they just pretend to be independent personas without any exact "original"?

A more interesting point regarding Dune would be to speculate about how much humanity remained in the Face Dancers, since they're genetically engineered from biological humans (as opposed to robots). Scytale, for example, was a more-or-less independent personality in that respect.

Can these cylons that don't know they're robots be reactivated to complete their infiltration mission?

yes

Or do they "forget" who they really are entirely?

as you asked in the first question, they do. Untill they are activated.

Do they impersonate any real, existing humans, or do they just pretend to be independent personas without any exact "original"?

no

Do they impersonate any real, existing humans, or do they just pretend to be independent personas without any exact "original"?

no

No like in "No, they don't impersonate any real, existing humans" or in "No, they don't pretend to be independent personas"? or what? ???

Face Dancers could not be reactivated BTW. The Tleilaxu completely lost control of them. It was like if these FDs never replaced the original people.

Sorry only read the first part of that last question. They are independent individuals. There are 12 types if I remember correctly.

I know that face dancers could not be reactivated.

In BSG one of the human machines managed to break free from her programming, and went against the machines to save a human. Of course this could be part of the game, and in the machine plan, but that remains to be seen.

Anyway, I suggest you rather watch the show yourself instead of asking me all these questions. I don't think i can come up with more than the three similartities listed previously  ;)