browsing troubles

hi. i have 384/128 adsl and win xp sp2 os and firefox browser,,

everything works normaly but sometimes the browsers just dies and i cant access web pages

while the connection is working normaly and other programs like winamp,getright,utorrent

still works in full speed. then after minutes or hours it works again

and i noticed that msn massenger olso cant connect at that time, any ideas?

when you turn off the torrents when you have the problem its already to late.. then your router will time out (i presume you have a simple, by your broadband-company provided router) Those are known to start malfuntioning when excessive traffic is generated for a constant period of time...

just a reset will probably solve it..

try to adjust your torrent download as andrew said to at most 80% of your bandwidth...

i don't use firwall and my router is zte http://192.168.1.1/main.html

its not the torrent guyes i reset the router 10 times and it still

stuck and i don't know about the timed out thing but why some

programs still connect? as i said i am still online and

some programs still connect at full speed its just like

if something is holding the other programs from connecting to

the line.. i was disconnecting totally few weeks ago and the isp

send a guy and he changed some exposed and rusty weirs out side my house and he got it back on and with full speed but then this cutting thing started to happen but without disconnecting

could it still be those weirs?

Yes it could be the network with lots of people using it.

Although I find it odd that you say utorrent and every other program continues to work fine, it is just the web browsers. Maybe port 80 on the network is being overloaded? Or throttled?

Yes it could be the network with lots of people using it.

Although I find it odd that you say utorrent and every other program continues to work fine, it is just the web browsers. Maybe port 80 on the network is being overloaded? Or throttled?

web browsers and msn massenger and getright and the games they all stop from conneting

yes i told you its strange haw torrent and winamp still works lol and at full purchased speed

anything i can do about port 80?

now its 12:30  am and from about 2 hours ago it all went back to normal

I get something similar to this happening whenever I run any sort of "sharing" or P2P program.  It can be Limewire, BitTorrent, Ventrilo... hell, even FilePlanet Download Manager or the Blizzard Background Downloader.  Any time I run these for a given amount of time (anywhere between 15 minutes and about 2 hours) my connection will suddenly die.  All internet activity will stop and there is no way to kick-start it again.

That is, there's no way without disconnecting the ethernet cable from the back of my PC.  Which is what I did until I realised that disabling the Internet Connection in Network Connections did effectively the same thing.  I have the connection as a shortcut on my Desktop, now.  Whenever I notice that the connection has died (usually when playing WoW, people start running on the spot, spells won't cast, etc), I Alt+F4 out, right-click the shortcut and select Disable.  As soon as that's done, I right-click and Enable again, which solves the issue for the next X hours / minutes.

It's really weird and I have no idea why it only affects my PC.  It's obviously nothing to do with the router or the service that I have, because this has happened on multiple ISPs and different routers.  Might be something to do with my network card or the drivers for it, I suppose, but I really don't know how to find out.  Gets annoying, though - especially when you're raiding in WoW and about to pull a boss, when suddenly you've got a chronic case of Link Death.

Made reconnecting a bloody art-form.  I can go from link death to logged in again in around 15 seconds, which isn't bad.

I would try to reinstall the computer... it might help..

Because those torrent programs, even limewire and other p2p comes with spyware or other crap you actually don't want to have on your system..

But try disable-ing and re-enable-ing your NIC.. it might help...

but it actually should't be the solution to this problem...

I think if this is the "cure", some software is spamming traffic over your NIC without you knowing it..

and upon disableing, windows drops everything in the queue. When you enable the interface again, everything starts over and there is a point in time after that where your card gets again a sort of buffer overflow..

For my interest see the taskmanager when this happens.. maybe there is a spike in your CPU usage.. and then you can find out which process is causing the problem.. because it would likely be the one which causes like over 80% CPU usage for a period of time...

utorrent is clean i dought  is has any malware. even if i reinstalled i will still use it

again. i never stop downloading ..

i dont agree that my cpu is overloaded whats that have to do with opening a web page?

i dont have any memory problems at that time and the cpu is normal i an even playe

games like  bioshock.. i dont have the ability to analyse  process to find the problem..

anyway it didnt happen today.. like i said it stricks at diffrent times..

its not so frequent i just thought i might learn something but after all in this

advanced technologyes man kind is still at open sea s you may olso accept some storms

thanks for replyes 

Depends..

TCP/IP is needed for sure. no question about that.

File and printer sharing is only needed when you share your files or printers in your home network with other computers you got there..

Client for microsoft network is needed to reach a different windows computer in your network. but this one normally wouldn't cause weird things..

QOS packet scheduler isn't needed either.. because there is no quality of service to maintain..

I have them all installed...

But you might try to disable them..