Banned from neoseeker

alchemi2

Just feel the need to share this one and ask if anyone else has ever experience this sort of thing.

Whilst having a browse through various gaming forums, i thought i would spread the word a little that Emperor is still a viable game with online caperbilities, as many believe it's not.

So i post a few replys to existing threads about Emperor Battle for Dune.

Today i thought let's see if anyones replied or got questions so i trawl through them again.

I visit one site and a guys replied said thanks for info and he has downloaded Emp bot.

I then go to Neoseekers and try to check the post there, which has vanished.

I've been BANNED for advertising, how ridicolous is that.

The topic is "Does anyone play online anymore?" to which people have repied the old you can't it's not supported. So i do the decent thing and put a link to Fed2k Emperor board, saying yea we do, hope to see you on-line.

How in hell is that ADVERTISING, surely it's called REPLYING.

I've E-mailed their Webmaster but as yet no reply. I find it totally ridiculous.... 1st time i've ever been banned from a site and i've done that sort of post loads of times in the past without a problem.

In fact i joined 4 sites during last nights little excursion and the other three haven't banned me, it seems somewhat extreme to me.

Also no e-mail or any sort of warning seems excessive.  >:( ??? :'(

Well that's stupid.  Maybe I'll go there and show them what real spam is. :P 

You have my support.

This phenomenon, I would guess, has its origins in IRC. In a channel, saying something that contains a hex before the name is considered advertising/spamming (since channels go by #word), and this tends to trigger auto-kick/ban scripts on those grounds.

The webmaster is quite outdated.