Dune Teritories

desert_storm

I am the developer of a little game that is not even finished yet. The game is called Zombie Nations.  The game is programed in PHP and MySQL, and designed to be a package plugin for the SMF forum software (the forum software that is used here).  To tell the truth this is the first game I have ever developed, and my fist time with this programing language...  In this game you create a  character, choose your side (zombie or human), your class, (Medic, Assassin, Thief...) and then you travel around a city, capture areas for your side and pillage the residential areas for CP (command Points).  With enough command points you can call in reinforcements to protect that area from the other side, and before the other side takes that area from you, they will need to kill everyone (users and AI) and are on your team.  The money system is mostly based on posting, whenever you post on the forum you get 1dollar for each word.  But you can also steal from other players or when you kill someone you get money.  You can buy weapons, armor... the works.  When you get enough xp, you will level and your stats will be increased. 

So, I don't know exactly what to call it... its almost like a MMORTSRPG... 

I am not trying to sell /that/ game to you however. 

I am running out of ideas with the zombie invasion theme, and would much rather redesign it with a dune theme.  For example, instead of pillaging residential areas for CP, you would mine spice fields for spice and use spice to buy reinforcements.  And it would not be based in a city, but on Dune. 

Now my question to all of you... would you like to see this happen? If you would I could use some help to get it done faster... I am thinking that when a user signs up they can choose from one of two houses, and then an alliance (to the Fremen, the guild, the mentats...)  I would like some help decideding what alliances and houses to use, and what special abilities each alliance would have.  I would also like some ideas for weapons, and armor... 

I can't show you the current working version of the game because it is on a private forum, but I can show you some screenshots.  When I get the game developed to the point where I can theme it to Dune I will make a beta forum so all of you can test it out.  When it is finished, maybe you guys could even install it here...  that is actually what I would like to see happen. 

Most of all, I would like to know if it is even worth theming it dune style. 

post-3223-12833239519501_thumb.png

It is real time, but there is a method of keeping everyone in check and preventing people from just wondering around and killing everyone while they are afk.  1, you go back to your HQ, nothing can attack you when you are at your HQ.  2, there is a system called "AP" (action points).  You can have a max of 15 action points and you gain one ever 15min.  But whenever you do something (move, attack, capture, heal, rest...) you lose an AP.  when you are out of AP you can't do anything... at all. 

• 3 weeks later...

now you made everyone angree, if sp1cy is going to playe this game peapol will hunt

you down to stop me from posting

ahhaahhaa, thats actually an option for the admin.  The admin can choose to allow a certain amount of money to be awarded per word or post, or chose to not allow that at all. 

There are other ways to make money in the game. 

storm emperor battle of dune is dieing and we cant do anything to save it .

what makes you think peapol will playe your game? do you think they will leave bf2 or warcraft or

need for speed ??

if u want to do it do it, if it  would help you do time and alter your skills you see not every one

who make a painting  would expect peapol to buy it, but just do it coz its art..

but i guarantee you. that you wont see anyone online in your game from this lazy a$$ forum members.

u should have seen the fights  we had just trying to set few games of the great emp on but we couldn't

Never mind sp1cy's usual exceptionally optimistic comments. I fail to see what such comments add to topics showing initiative.

The game sounds promising, though keeping us posted is always a good way to hold the audience's attention. :) (Don't forget there are alot of people here who only read, but rarely post.)

If it is finished, a news post about it wouldn't hurt. Keep it up.

Never mind sp1cy's usual exceptionally optimistic comments. I fail to see what such comments add to topics showing initiative.

The game sounds promising, though keeping us posted is always a good way to hold the audience's attention. :) (Don't forget there are alot of people here who only read, but rarely post.)

If it is finished, a news post about it wouldn't hurt. Keep it up.

Thanks Timenn.

I have been slowly working on it, School is starting back up so I do not have as much time as I hoped for.  It may be a few months before a working version is out.  =(