Wikipedia Problems?

It's been a week since Wikipedia pages (from en.wikipedia.org) ceased to load properly on my computer. Either they take way too long, or the images are missing, or they don't load at all :( Same happens if I load cached Wikipedia pages from Google. Other webpages, including various wikis, load as usual. I've tried purging the temporary internet files and cookies (if it were of any help in the first place) to no avail. I'm using IE6.

Basically, the question is: is it me or them? Wiki malfunction or PC problem?

A friend of mine tells me he has no problems with Wikipedia. But he's got broadband and I'm on dialup :P I can tell you that I first noticed the problem on 20th of July. Before that, Wikipedia worked fine for me too. Judging by the fact that cached Wikipedia pages from Google display the same issue, I'd say they've got some new content or something my machine/ISP can't handle.

Is it possible that I accidentally changed some options in my Internet Explorer (e.g. via a keyboard shortcut I don't know of)?

Its not likely you changed something causing your internet explorer to behave like this..

You can try to set your internet options to default..

It could be a content thingy, but then some ppl near you on dialup will have the same..

I think something in your browser screws..

you might considder to try to install firefox and try again ;)

If the problem persists, its likely your provider,

if the problem solves... its more likely to be your IE settings...

Basically, the question is: is it me or them? Wiki malfunction or PC problem?

disable the use of cashed webpages and require a "check for new version of the website" on each request.

Then to answer your question, I think it's just you ;) Not a PC problem but a speed problem of your internet connection.

• 4 weeks later...