Windows Genuine Advantage

I formatted computer. At windows update it is telling me to install WGA before getting any other updates. But I don't want WGA. How do I bypass this? Well too late I already installed it. Any suggestions to remove it? will deleting wgatray.exe or whatever make computer crash?

I didn't install it before, it was optional. At least my firewall will notice it talking home so I can block it.

EDIT:

Nevermind, I canceled it when it asked if I wanted to install it when it was installing the 53 other updates. Maybe it was listed and I missed it, or maybe WGA is installed but it wants to update itself again.

I do have a legit version running. But I don't want a program randomly running and sending information to a company without me knowing.

Also, I'm still having a problem with "New hardware wizard" thing popping up every time I turn on the computer. It also pops up if I go to device manager and scan for hardware changes. I uninstall it and also disable it but that does nothing. I even select "don't prompt me again to install this software" when it fails to load any drivers for it.

It is an unknown device. And I have no idea what it is for. And it's impossible to stop from occurring. It pops up in windows safe mode as well.

Google has come up with no way to stop this from occurring other than disable plug and play which is not recommended (since lots of stuff will stop working such as usb drives etc).

I do have a legit version running. But I don't want a program randomly running and sending information to a company without me knowing.

Looks like it's not happening without your knowledge ;)