ATX Power Plug Question

I am currently using the 20 pin ATX power plug on a 24 pin that works just fine. I am getting a new mobo that is a 24 pin also. What i'm wondering is will it work for the one I just ordered as well.

Also is there some sort of an adapter that makes the 20 pin a 24 pin?

eh?  you goin intel conroe already scar?  i thought u already did an upgrade?

so whats happening?  you havnt got your board plugged in right?  sounds like it?? eww

chances are theres a 4 pin connector that can slide into the 20 pin atx with a side notch and locks there..

or...the board wants those 4 pins somewhere else......or......it just dont need it..

or......worst case scenario...your PSU is archahic

the Asus P5B series are good also if u gotta move up

MSI have always done good by intel as well..so long as its got an intel xxx chipset. :)

eh?  you goin intel conroe already scar?  i thought u already did an upgrade?

so whats happening?  you havnt got your board plugged in right?  sounds like it?? eww

chances are theres a 4 pin connector that can slide into the 20 pin atx with a side notch and locks there..

or...the board wants those 4 pins somewhere else......or......it just dont need it..

or......worst case scenario...your PSU is archahic

the Asus P5B series are good also if u gotta move up

MSI have always done good by intel as well..so long as its got an intel xxx chipset. :)

Sorry, that was a wrong link, I guess I got the last one due to the fact it was sold as open box mobo.  Heres the one I'm getting  http://www.bayreviews.com/reviews/comphard/asus_a8ne_mobo.html

The one I have now is a 24 pin on the board but it can use a 20 pin also which is what i'm using right now. I'm getting this one for the overclocking and upgrade ability that mine doesn't have at all. I'm sure there is an adapter somewhere to turn a 20 pin into a 24 pin, I just haven't found it yet. The board I have now has on-board graphics, only 2 memory slots and no overclocking what so ever. But I got it as a bundle deal. I'm just hoping the power cable will work as this one does is what I'm trying to figure out. The board only cost me 30 dollars sold as an open box, which means I just get the board itself but it's a very good board for what I want from what I've read.

Edit..I think I found what I need  this looks to be the item I need..http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812145002

Well heres the mobo I'm getting wed.

7267945_640.jpg

From Tom's Hardware review on this board

Asus A8N-E Motherboard

(Athlon X2/Athlon FX/Athlon 64, Socket 939, nForce4 Ultra, ATX, 4GB DDR, 1GHz Bus - MPN: A8NE)

Description: The A8N-E has a no nonsense, all performance attitude. This motherboard is designed to take an AMD Socket 939 CPU including dual core, PCI Express graphics cards, SATA 2.0 devices, and dual-channel memories. On top of all this, ASUS has also offered AI NOS and Precision Tweaker for the users to crank up performance even more! If words like speed and power are relevant to you, then look no further.

I looked at several sites on this motherboard and all were great reviews. No integrated crap, and all the things I needed and wanted for the one I have now. But I love the overclocking ability the best, and this one has it. I think it listed for around $110.00 but since I chose to get it OEM more or less for $30.00 plus shipping of around $6.00 I couldn't pass it up.

Details & Specifications

Manufacturer:Asus

Form Factor: ATX (12" x 9.6" - (30.5cm x 24.5cm))

Chipset: NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra

Compatible Processors: AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64

Front Side Bus Speed: 2000 MT/s, 1600MT/s

Expansion Slots: - 1 x PCI Express x16 slot

- 2 x PCI Express x1

- 1 x PCI Express x4 (supports up to 1GB/s)

- 3 x PCI

Socket Type: 939

Max Supported Ram: 4 GB

Memory (RAM) Type: ECC/ non-ECC un-buffered DDR SDRAM

Number of Memory Slots: 4 x 184-pin DIMM Sockets

Supported RAM Speeds: 400 MHz, 333 MHz, & 266 MHz

Memory Architecture: Dual Channel

Video Interface: PCI Express x16

Network Type: - nForce4 built-in Gbit MAC with external PHY

- NV ActiveArmor

- NV Firewall

- AI NET2

Audio Type: - Realtek ALC850, 8-channel CODEC

- Audio Sensing and Enumeration Technology

- Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports on back I/O

Storage RAID: - nForce4 Storage:

- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s

- 2 x UltraDMA 133/100/66/33

- NVRAID : RAID0, RAID1, RAID 0+1 and JBOD span cross SATA and PATA

Overclocking: - AI NOS

yea the Asus A8N series are very nice performers, my friend has a A8N-SLI Deluxe..

i think you will like that board a lot :)

as for the power cable....im almost positive theres a 4 pin connector that can attatch to the 20 pin on the side and clip in...  have a good look first

and uhh yea that ai overclocking shit?!!  heheh  pure eeeviillll!!  i wouldnt touch that with a cyrix cpu...

yea the Asus A8N series are very nice performers, my friend has a A8N-SLI Deluxe..

i think you will like that board a lot :)

as for the power cable....im almost positive theres a 4 pin connector that can attatch to the 20 pin on the side and clip in...  have a good look first

and uhh yea that ai overclocking shit?!!  heheh  pure eeeviillll!!  i wouldnt touch that with a cyrix cpu...

Well I've already dloaded the manual for the board, and it has tons of different ways to overclock galore. I can't wait to get it Wed.  ;D