Dune2k is dead...

Falconius

i'm sorry to have to voice this oppinion, but i'm obviously not the only one. Yes i have not been on this MB very long, about 3 months. There was probably a thread like this almost 2 years back. The Dune2k community will probably dissapear slowly. We are stuborn. Plus we all are waiting for Dune3. If only Dune2k was half as editable as any C&C game..................

Well most people don't play it as much anymore that is granted the game is fairly old. I still get messages from people just buying the game though and it is still played regularly by the various Dune clans.

I really don't think the Dune2k community will die mainly because most of us have been here so long. Many have been around since Dune 2 and will keep coming back until the next Dune game is announced.

I think that Dune2k will die a month or 2 after Dune 3 comes out. Until then, it will survive, albeit with very few players, unless ww gets rid of the free internet play. In the last month, there have been many many more people in Alman, at one point I was amazed when there were 13 in at a time, now there is regularly 25.