God's Moral Authority

Petty linguistic games about the characteristics of a species don't deny the capacity to make independent decisions about one's future.

I don't see what's insulting about the concept of a base model of human without the genetic option of enhanced probable intellect available through selected pairing by suitable mates.

God does not come in any shape or form if you can understand energy you can understand God. Everything in the universe is energy you body is energy, money, the room you live in, everything you can ever imagine is energy. Let me help you understand that a little better what is energy or God? This is not a new idea Fuzzy hared guy in 1925 wrote on his chuck board E = MC squared no 1 could grasp what that meant. What that says is on 1 side mass light and everything that we preserve and in all = energy. Let me help you understand that a lil better

I'm happy with god being a metaphor for energy, and even matter in a more wholistic and universal sense. I'm also happy with adverse causes and effects of inbalances consciously effected by humans being expressed in metaphors such as god's punishment or as a karmic events. Start a wave at one end of a bath and it will come back to you. Easy.

The literal interpretations of omnipotent consciousness and concepts of holiness, however, are dangerous if treated as anything other than a corny joke.

Calling energy God has no meaning other than giving it a familiar name. To equate it with a personal god is a leap of faith that has no foundation.

You know us humans love to create images and heroes superficial correctors that don't exist because we are not ready for the truth or have hard time accepting the truth. We always have to create stories and make it so fiction and then we believe them in our ways.

Then when we believe them we start questioning what we believed in and analyze it to death. To create and district that

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm ignoring the lack of education part, but what does your response have to do with what I said? You glorify energy and call it God, which I said was meaningless because it is just giving it a more familiar name than just 'energy'. If where you are going is equating this to say energy is the personal God most people worship, then I say you are wrong. The leap of logic is rather of faith.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm ignoring the lack of education part, but what does your response have to do with what I said? You glorify energy and call it God, which I said was meaningless because it is just giving it a more familiar name than just 'energy'. If where you are going is equating this to say energy is the personal God most people worship, then I say you are wrong. The leap of logic is rather of faith.

lol If you think God is a person then we are far from talking about this subject. and any 1 else out there that thinks God is a person and is looking down at us watching to see what we do, well then you are way far from reality. That

I think what he means is that people don't worship an energy that they name God, but rather they worship a being of their own imagination/religious belief that is irrelevant to either matter or energy, but simply exists in their minds alone. There are religions that do view God as everything all at once or as oversoul (but that's more in a spiritual sense than energetic or material). But ultimately, we create the personal God that has created us, in our own minds.

If "God" isnt a personal entity... then why are you even calling it "God"?  "God" denotes a supreme intelligent being.  Energy is simply an item within the universe.

Its weird that you are getting all defensive and throwing around insults.  Saying that Acriku doesnt have education or that Edrico is childish for believing in a personal God which makes him out of touch with reality is pretty messed up.  Whats with all the hostility? We're all adults here.  I dont see anything immature about theology.  So long as the origins of life, consciousness, and free will remain a mystery...you will have theology.  Also why is the imagination so discounted?  I often wonder if children have a heightened sensitivity to the spiritual world  due to their extremely open minds.

I think you're trying to convey the idea that the universe IS God because it may share some qualities with God, (i.e.- the universe is everywhere, and the universe has no natural comprehensible begining or ending).  But thats where the comparisons stop.  God has many more qualities such as intelligence and free-will.  The universe is inanimate and deterministic. 

Well 1st of all I didn't insult any 1. 2ndly it

What do you mean by person?  I dont think God is a "person", like Santa Claus.  I think God is a supreme intelligent entity.  Thats far from a "person".  Second of all, if you are saying that He isnt an intelligent entity  because He doesnt stop all evil on earth, thats a poor reason.  This tells me you dont know much about theology.  If God stopped every murder or dictator, then He would be violating alot of people's free-will and not to mention their faith.  If miracles were popping up everywhere in the world it would be as if we were living in a fantasy world.  God has to let things run their course or else the world wouldnt seem real.  Also if He forced us all to do good all the time then thre would be no point in faith.... we might as well be robots.

Ok enough theology.... we arent here to discuss that...let me get back to the point....I think the problem here Spaze is that you arent considering anything "outside" of our universe.  What if our 3 dimensional space/time continuum isnt all that there is?  Many theoretical astrophysicists believe our universe is actually a "multiverse foam" consisting of infinite buds in a foam bubble mass where each bubble is a seperate dimension with its own universe.

I'm saying that it

Ahhhh ok i finally am getting what the heck you are trying to say... you are not saying that God IS energy... you are saying He is connected to us and not cut off from us.  Yea i would agree with that, I do believe that we are tied in with Him since He is omnipresent, which means even if He exists outside of our dimnesion He can still be connected to us, and if possible.... communicate.

ahh lol finally ;) some 1 got my point.

Yes but you see, your point has no meaning. Ok, he's connected to us by energy. What information does this give us?

Sure my point has a lot of mining you just must open up some imagination. Obviously if there is no imagination there is no creation, if no taste you can

Energy and matter should be Finite (not infinite) in our universe.... it should all be contained in a 15 billion x 15 billion light year  sphere.  Nothing can exist outside of that sphere because the Big bang created space and time as well.  As far as other dimensions are concerned, they may be regulated by other forces, "laws of physics", and perhaps something entirely different from matter, energy, and gravity.

GUn

Energy should be Finite (not infinite) in our universe.... it should all be contained in a 15 billion x 15 billion light year  sphere.  Nothing can exist outside of that sphere because the Big bang created space and time as well.  As far as other dimensions are concerned, they may be regulated by other forces, "laws of physics", and perhaps something entirely different from matter, energy, and gravity.

GUn

Energy should be finite? Based on what gun? Everything that exists is energy. Out side our universe we have infinite amount of other universes that are like cells, planets, galaxies, rotating around each other with unlimited force of energy. So what you see here is what you get there. It

"Out side our universe we have infinite amount of other universes that are like cells, planets, galaxies, rotating around each other with unlimited force of energy"

As far as I'm aware, other universes are very much hypothetical. But if you have links that suggest that evidence has appeared for multiples, I'd be very interested.