D2TM - Help develop! Get the source. (SVN)

stefanhendriks

I'll quote myself ;-)

Actually they are showstopper issues. To be concrete; there was a rewrite in progress, but half-way it stopped. Therefor the code can compile, but functionality is not brought back. I suggest you try to grab the source of an older revision.

But, if you are lucky i will get this up and running soon.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to compile D2TM by the book/manual. Everything went all fine except running the game. It says it's missing MSVCR70D.dll. Where can I get the file and where do I have to put it?

Or put the environment into "Release" mode instead of "Debug" mode when compiling. That's what I did (though I probably have the non-D MSVCR70.dll installed).

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm trying to follow the howto instructions to get D2TM compiling under linux, and I'm having a few issues.

The script to install the libraries doesn't work for me, so I've just been doing each step manually, which seems to mostly work for each of the 4 libraries, except for a couple of issues:

I needed to run "fixunix.sh" on almp3 before the patch would apply.

Each time I try to "make install" almp3, alfont, and raknet, I get "make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop."

The patch doesn't apply to raknet, it complains "can't find file to patch at input line 58".

I decided to try compiling D2TM anyway, and get the following:

automake -a returns "configure.in:7: required file `./ltmain.sh' not found".

running ./configure results in "config.status: error: cannot find input file: Makefile.in"

and (no real surprise, with the makefile missing), make returns "make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop."

If you have any suggestions as to what I should do in order to get the correct makefiles/install the required libraries, and compile D2TM, it would be really appreciated.

If the script ends up needing tweaking to make it work on newer distributions (I'm running Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex), then I'm happy to do that and submit it back for an updated version of the howto zip file.

Thanks,

Simon

I don't have experience compiling D2TM for Linux.

However, some libraries do not not compile on Linux. In the source code of d2tm (see d2tmh.h) these libraries are disabled for Linux.

I thought there was a makefile delivered?

Also, i think you can remove Raknet , it is not used anyway.

• 3 months later...

First I want to thank you for continuing the project, I love this game and a few modern touches can make it just perfect.

Managed to compile current revision under linux so I want to share my experience with anyone also wanting to use it.

Took me 4 hours but at least it should work from now on.

The following changes are required to the howto workflow:

-Installing libraries

Run fixunix.sh before almp3 patch

-Added following lines before applying patch

chmod +x ./almp3/fixunix.sh

./almp3/fixunix.sh

Removed make install for almp3 and alfont

Removed raknet because not required

Copied library and includes for almp3 and alfont into /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include

-Creating makefile

Modify Makefile.am

Change -lalleg-4.2.0 -lalleg_unsharable into `allegro-config --libs` (with tick)

Remove -lraknet

Run libtoolize before other tools

Proceed as in howto

This way the project should start compiling

PS. Had some compile errors with current revision, should I post them on the project webpage (never done team development so these things are new to me).

• 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Stefan, a user from a Russian Dune Forum wishes to create a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Dune: The Battle for Arrakis remake using D2TM engine (as you might know, the Sega version uses larger, 32x32 tiles). He asks what tools are needed to replace graphics in D2TM, can you help? :)

Stefan, a user from a Russian Dune Forum wishes to create a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Dune: The Battle for Arrakis remake using D2TM engine (as you might know, the Sega version uses larger, 32x32 tiles). He asks what tools are needed to replace graphics in D2TM, can you help? :)

Thats easy. The tool is delivered with the sourcecode, under the name "grabber.exe". Its in the tools directory within the dune2themaker dir. (when you check out the source code).

One note though, you should only replace the gfx, not the ID's, or d2tm will not work out of the box (unless you recompile).