returned hardware turnaround

hey, i've got an xv ati radeon x800 in a shop for a warranty job.

the problem i've got is, it's a small shop that probly wont be around for a long time.

when i took the card in they quoted me a replacement in  'aw probly 2~3 weeks matey'  <-this just after the storesman asked their distributors in sydney(australia) for quotation time..

so i've been pretty patient yea?  being over 7 weeks now ?

anyway, i've been calling them up for weeks asking for a status brief on my card,

so far i've had nothing but a lack of interest and professionalism..

in fact, it took me to find their brisbane,and sydney distributor personally, and request info on its whereabouts/condition etc on the retailers behalf... 

unbelieveably, its been sent to sydney..no replacements there..so back up to brisbane again...no replacement here either...now to taiwan  to the manufacturer xpertvision..

so its been almost 2 months with no real word from my retailer at all..long after the quoted rma period  (ok 3 weeks may  be pushing it?)..

so where do i stand, the store i got it from tell me 'could take years,--your guess is as good as mine on its return date' 

afaik ati have ceased production on most x8xx series cards in agp factor bar the x1000 series-correct me if im mistaken here pls. pleeassee  :D

or maybe i should be asking..how long could a manufacturer take to replace a card that may be discontinued?

any ideas or motives?

just walk in and ask how your card is, and else just ask your money back...

I have had something alike with an ati card...

I had a radeon 9800 XT and the fan was dead, so i returned it. And I had to wait also around 2 or 3 months.

And suddenly that shop was no more. The owner decided to stop.

So no card for me :(

So ask your money back if they cannot give you a new card.

Then buy that card somewhere else :P

i went in and asked them in store today, they say they've sent it off to their distributor,and that they(distro) handle it from there until it gets sent back to the shop..  i've asked them for a replacement of same type in the series they had available..even if i loose $150 out of it..

they say they cant do that because my cards warranty was used a little (few months) and that they cant give me a new card with full warranty... i even asked for a card with nil/limited 7day warranty to fix me up lol...no can do....what now?  im thinkin new card at the moment,

the problem i got there is ive just got a agp socket939 board lol,  id wanna ditch that and go pcie, maybe        ahahahah  i love pcs i really do  .......grrrr

i dont suppose you could ask for a refund if they've already supposedly sent it off to some obscure out of focus area of the world possibly?

well in any case i've secured a sapphire x800pro in the mean time, a very nice find i must say.

i guess if i ever get the xv card back it will make a good door stop..

in any case their distro got all pissed off when they found out i was an end user, so i guess they'll be speaking to my retailer about certain 'terms'

the fact that my retailer palmed me off to them(supplier), and thay 'they' dont want a bar of it or me either says a little something eh..

i feel like im waiting for  the duke forever release date on this card... one day  'when its done'  lol, i love it.

seems i will able to get a refund on its market value when it returns tho, market value is about 100au less, ripped off eh.