Ghost drive

I have a 30Gig hard drive. I see 3Gig into documents, 12Gig into programs. Temps are emptied. It was defraged 2 months ago. I passed Kapersky antivirus and nothing. And I have 95Mo left :O

3Gig + 12Gig + Windows = 30Gig

Right, so Windows does lots of non-sense as I just passed from 350Mo to 95Mo just by... listening to a DVD. Someone, anyone, please elucidate this voodoo...

A program showing where the space or HDD consumption is might help. At least if I could delete it...

Specs:

Windows XP from ThinkPad R50 installed one year ago, I think it's with Service Pack 2 (might be the thing... but would it eat 15 Gig?!)

in windows xp pro (i presume you use..)

try to right click on my computer, then manage.

then disk management, there you see your disks/partitions

check it out there...

maybe you arent using the whole disk..

black is unpartitioned, and can be just right click on the black and see for your self.. its not that hard :P

Thanks, I will give a check to all this. But I might just get bored if nothing gets better and reformat to put Windows Vista's beta.

Looks at Gryphon... Gryph, you have tried that one...

check the option to view hidden files, and find your c:Recycler then open the folders with those ID-numbers ****-*********-*** etc. and empty those folders (one for each user)

• 2 weeks later...

CCleaner washed everything and got me 9,xxGig more for my 30Gig hard drive. Thanks Andrew! And thanks everyone for helping.

It seems that all the crap on a computer can really take 1/3 of the hard drive. Even when it wasn't found manually as bulky files in temp folders.