Newly Installed RAM causing problems?

Well, it probably is the RAM since it's just starting after I installed the two new sticks of ram (512 each, making my total 1.5 GB). Now, on my motherboard I have three slots for RAM, and I have one I bought when I made my computer, and I put my two new ones in the other two slots. I'm not sure, but I remember something or someone saying that I have to have the same cards of RAM, no different ones would work. When I first installed the two sticks, after starting and ending BF2 my computer crashed (dumped) and I had to reboot. I haven't had it again yet, so I don't know what happened then. But now, every now and then firefox crashes, without a reason or warning. Is there anything I could do to check if my RAM is properly installed and working? If you need any info, just ask. Thanks!

well it don`t have to be for installing new sticks.I have different sticks and it runs ok. It can be for some reason you run out of ram I do,cause the CPU run at 100%.Are you using any form of cordless stuff like joy stick,gamepad or something ?

I have a cordless joy stick and sometimes games just shut down

Try this program too.

http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/software.html

cybo

well it don`t have to be for installing new sticks.I have different sticks and it runs ok. It can be for some reason you run out of ram I do,cause the CPU run at 100%.Are you using any form of cordless stuff like joy stick,gamepad or something ?

I have a cordless joy stick and sometimes games just shut down

Try this program too.

http://www.yourwaresolutions.com/software.html

cybo

I'm using a cordless mouse, but I haven't had problems until I installed the RAM. I recently took out the old stick so I'm using the two new ones only right now, and so far no problems. I'll post here again if the problems show up again.

every now and then firefox crashes

so does windows...

But if Firefox crashes, you will get a profile selecting box when you start firefox again..

close it, press ctrl-alt-del to go to your taskmanager.

Kill then the Firefox.exe process in the processes tab.

(so far the solution for crashing firefox)

About your RAM..

are the 3 modules you have all identical to each other..

or are only the 2 new ones identical?

You can try to use only the new ram, 1G is more than enough in my opinion..

Also you can try to put the "old" stick in slot 3 and the 2 new ones in slot 1 and 2..

Firefox crashes completely, leaving only an "error send request." But it wasn't local to firefox necessarily, Thief would not start (but does, now that I took the old one out). The old one is different than the new ones, which I thought might be a problem but wasn't sure. I can try putting it in slot 3, and like you said 1G is enough for me right now.