X3: Reunion

Elerium

This looks to be one of the best games I will ever play, and the sequels before it, are some of the best games I've ever played.

http://www.x3reunion.com/games/x3/screenshots_en.php

http://www.x3reunion.com/download/x3/videos_en.php

*Drools*

Freelancer, EVE Online and all you're other space genres are belong to Egosoft.

You cannot survive make your time.

Ha Ha Ha.

*Now wonders how the hell he can play this game's intense graphics* :D

Well, I wouldn't try to compare it with Freelancer. The simple dogfighting in X2 wasn't really fun, while it was in Freelancer (and Freespace 2) X2 is more a trade game (the only sequel I played of the X's)

The X series has always been much more micromanagement-oriented than other Space Traders (i.e. Freelancer, Escape Velocity, etc).

I'm very excited about this game.  My computer, despite being more than adequate for X, and well above the MINIMUM requirements for X2, will run neither at a playable pace, for reasons unknown.  Ideally, I'd like to play through X (and try the X-Tension pack) and X2 first.

But the exploring feeling is unequalled.

Except for the Elite series, where you could go to almost 100,000 unexplored and uninhabited star systems and mine planetoids, gas giants, and even certain cooler stars for valuable resources, in addition to the hundreds of "civilized" star systems.  ;)

I never played Elite. I mean i tried... but the 1980' graphics for 2005 are quite unappaling.

Ahaha I tried tooo. But yeah the graphics just killed it for me.

My favorite space combat game is Freespace 2, and with the Freespace Open project the graphics are insanely beautiful.

My old copy of wing commander 4 was utterly destroyed from ware and tear. I walked into a pawn shop and found it sitting there in an unopened box mint condition for only $10.