minimizing

spicy

You have to use ctrl+alt+del and close emperor.exe, dune.exe and game.exe

then  start game again and login again (using modem 56)  then  get traped again and again and again........... or just stop minimizing please sound eazyer dosn  it ?!!

How about they dont do it ? I myself do it for only a few seconds, just to check out the whos online page, or see if anyone has replied to my msn msgs to join me on emp...

But to minimise and bugger off ? Sheesh. Its not too hard to close the host and surf. Its unreasonable to expect people to know that a host is away, and yes, login again using CTR+ALT+DEL and dont join that host, make a new one or something, it is do able, but its a pain having to do that.

Having said that, RAs server doesnt lock nicks, so its not the same issue it used to be on XWIS/WOL...

I think I can make it so the server sends back a "kick" response if the host is minimized and doesn't send back a response to the join in a timely manner.  Just remind me of this and I'll look into it when I have a chance to do some more work on the server.

I think I can make it so the server sends back a "kick" response if the host is minimized and doesn't send back a response to the join in a timely manner.  Just remind me of this and I'll look into it when I have a chance to do some more work on the server.

ok, here is your reminder. Ra, you said something about kicking someone if the did something. Thanks. :P

You are talking about kicking the host, yeah ? So that others cannot join it and get stuck as well.

Nooo, its not the same. If no one joined the game, you wouldnt have 10's of people having to log back in.

Unless he means kicked out of the host, not the game, which is what I take it to mean.

Either way I think it would be good to close hosts where they dont send a reply to a join in a timely manner. It would save those players having to wait for a timeout.

I can't speak for ra but I 'm 99% he means kicked out of the host. Yea closing the host would be the best idea but I 'm not sure if it's possible. The server can probably close the host (no longer display it in the lobby) but the host's comp itself won't know that.

Anyway, I 'll stop guessing and let ra say what he means to do.

Well, it can simply disconnect him, and the game would know, as it would timeout, which has happened to a few of us onXWIS when it had its funny days.

But yeah, lets stop guessing and let the Messiah of Arrakis speak for himself.