An interesting interpretation of Hell

Mahdi

Who says i "want" the christian God to exist?

I would rather your God exist Acriku... one so easy to follow and gee no guilt at all plus he is made up so i can discard him if i ever want to....(damn doesnt that just screw up your arguement?)

Nope, doesn't do much to my argument. And actually, it's not that easy for people so engrained into their religion. You have to actually think for yourself and question things.
but unfortunately logic points to the christian God and is the only one that really offers true hope.
Logic does NOT point to the Christian god. Logically, an all-loving God does not send people to hell for eternity for not following a command of his. Logically, an all-loving God does not drown most of his creation in order to start over, all the while knowing it would've ended that way from the beginning. Logically, a universe cannot be made out of nothing. Logically, the sun comes before light (God created light before he created stars). I can go on and on. Logically, Noah's Flood is impossible and therefore puts a black mark on everything else in the Bible. There's little logic pointing to your god being the only, and true god.
  Also asking why multiple Gods cant exist is silly as there can only be one absolute being.  AS caid so simply put :

What Caid said makes no sense. There's nothing inherently wrong with more than one infinity existing. There can only be one absolute being? Wow, there's some Christian propaganda for you.

The reason i think the christian God is the only one with the right attributes is because a God must be the absolute perfect being above which none other can be conceived... thats how a God is defined.
No, a god is defined as a creator or controller of something. It doesn't need to be perfect (which is a human, and impossible to define term). Assuming the Christian god is the only true god is a statement of faith, not fact. To say no other god could be possible is a statement of arrogance, not truth. 
So no i dont "want" my God to be the right one and i dont ignore all the other possibilities....... i clearly said that there could be a God that offers no hope or that God doesnt exist....
And this doesn't ignore gods who do offer hope? Head in the sand GUNWOUNDs...
however i just understand that if you want to acheive an afterlife then logcially you need a God that is absolutely perfect, good, and accessible personally, in order to be logically sound to worship and understand.
What a crock. You're making this up as you go, aren't you? You can achieve an afterlife with a god that is not absolutely perfect (which is kind of redundant, eh? oh, and impossible to define [therefore nonsensical]) and good and accessible personally. You're going at this with the idea that your god is the only god instead of an open mind that people need to have in this thread...
Stop ranting on your anti-christian crusade...
At least my crusades doesn't involve massacres and genocides. Sorry, couldn't resist  :-X
i dont worship the God because of the christian culture i worship him because he is the only one that makes sense.  You are projecting your feelings onto me.... YOU are the one who "wants" your god to exist... i simply follow mine because it is the only one that is logical if one is to follow a god, "want to exist" is not a factor.
Only one who makes sense? That's a bold statement. An all-loving god sending people to hell for eternity for not doing what he says, and still values free will? Yeah, makes total sense. A perfect all-knowing god fucks up and drowns his mistake to start over, and is all-loving. No, you're right, Makes so much sense.
Even though i would love to worship your guilt-free God which is border-line self-worship and which would most assuredly satisfy my flesh and give me that "full hamburger feeling"..... i just CANNOT as i feel that it is too illogical and too much of a copout.  You really have the wrong idea about me, thats for sure.
You keep saying guilt-free. Tell me, why does there have to be guilt? Anyway, it's not illogical at all. You're just saying whatever I say is wrong without even saying WHY. And why is that? Because you have no real reason. But on the offchance that I am wrong and you do have reasons as to why I am wrong, I will gladly read any that you post.
Or perhaps you havent defined you God clearly enough for me....All you seem to be mentioning is that your God rewards you for skepticism.... without mentioning anything else.  It doesnt give me much to work with or help me to understand your stance or point of view.  Stop being cryptic and be as detailed as possible and then maybe we can get somewhere.
It's not relevant. Whatever details makes you happy, then it's enough for this argument. The fact that this god is possible is enough, whether I made it up or it was made up 2000 years ago is irrelevant.
To it rewards you for being a skeptic towards everything but itself. Nice :)
  To say a God rewards you for being skeptic, yet does not reward for faith is a paradox.  Because in order to believe that you are following this God you must have some shred of faith that what you are following is what is right and exists ...
True, but I imagine this god to not have huge insecurities and does not require his people to believe in him. He is not the one to get a hard on from people worshipping him. Funny how a perfect god would need people to worship so badly?
AS far as your claim that "The christian God is the only God to fit into teh wager" is an arrogant statement ... it is not... if you can show another god that gives hope then it definately fits into teh wager as well.  But i was merely stating that making up arbitrary gods or trying to put purely impersonal gods into the wager is pointless (duh because there is no hope)
Damn, if only I made it up two thousand years ago and it wouldn't be seen as an arbitrary made-up god ::) Head in the sand GUnwounds...

Still, believing in God could be defined as trust that God will help you where you want, altough your prayers are not always fulfilled. We believe in attributes, or to be more exact, in emanation. Substantial God, which is infinite, isn't being questioned by believes.

However, I assert again this is off topic. Infinite God is being discussed here.