Looks like I'm stuck

MrFlibble

I've played Dune for a while, and I'm stuck... :(

It's about days 28-35. I've got quite a lot of sietches under my control, doing all kind of thigs (spice minig, training and ecology). Some fremen troops have been trained to Expert in military, and equipped with krysknives, lasguns and weirding modules. However, some sietches are under attack and troops captured, Chani gets kidnapped. Hawat suggests that spies must be sent to locate Chani, and some of the Hark fortresses counter-attacked to prevent further conflicts. However, any military troops I've got have the 'espionage' option disabled for a reason ??? and whenever I attack Harkonnens even with two or three troops of about 1500 men each, armed to the teeth and Expert in army, they all get killed or captured anyway. Perhaps because their morale is low, and it's low cuz Chani's missing, and I can't find Chani as the 'espionage' option is disabled >:(

What should I do?

To send out spies, the group needs to be stationed at a seitch who's territory borders an undiscovered fortress.

Yup, I eventually found that out myslef... and won the game shortly after. Thanks anyway.

Some of the mistakes the creators did in the game were funny... Like saying Mentats use Semuta instead of Sapho...

To send out spies, the group needs to be stationed at a seitch who's territory borders an undiscovered fortress.

Yup, I eventually found that out myself... and won the game shortly after. Thanks anyway.

Some of the mistakes the creators did in the game were funny... Like saying Mentats use Semuta instead of Sapho...

Why only TWO savegame slots?! WHY?!?!

If you want to keep the savegame of older positions in Dune it's sufficient that you copy the .sav files in the game main directory to other locations, then restore them when you want to replay without restarting Dune.

The .sav files are:

dune23s0.sav (-> dune37s0.sav in the CD-version): it represents the option "Restart game";

dune23s1.sav (-> dune37s1.sav in the CD-version): it represents the first save slot;

dune23s2.sav (-> dune37s2.sav in the CD-version): it represents the second save slot;

dune23s3.sav (-> dune37s3.sav in the CD-version): it represents the option "Last place you have visited";

dune23s4.sav (-> dune37s4.sav in the CD-version): it represents the option "Last new sietch explored.

Remember to make a backup copy of these files, before you do anything on them! ;)

Rymoah