Paper, Rock, Scissors

Aristeas

That mcv to me doesn't even look half damaged.  It looks close but it isn't.  So the hark has double the rate of fire (already knew this)...  So I guess that is what makes up for the hark infaltry running so slow compared to the atr infaltry.  Maybe atr has double the speed. :P

Any way you look at, i'll take hark inf. any day. We also did some inf. vs inf. and well, atr may be faster, but it was mostly just being faster to die. There is no comparison of the two, in terms of wich has better rate of firing.

Being new to this game, my opinions probably aren't as based in practice or experience as everyone else's, but if I was doing this project, I'd give Ordos a basic gunner like the other two houses and raise the cost of the chemical trooper. $50 is not a reasonable amount to pay for a unit which should excel at destroying the other units on the field. Its drawback in a normal game is that it is ineffective against vehicular units, which are not present in such a mod. Altredies are pretty good as they are, they have snipers, which should balance out the mortar infantry of the ordos. The biggest problem lies in, as has been already stated, keeping Harkonnen on a level playing field with the other two houses. Giving them regular Sad'kars, as someone already discussed, is a good solution. I think basic Fremen should be available to all houses, to allow stealth attacks and so forth, but their strength in this game would be too much to limit them to a specific house.

well thats just it... you cant balance the houses infantry..... what you will end up doing is replacing one house's infantry with another... and then you will add subhouse units... and basically the house war will go to sh!t.

I mean if you are gonna give basic gunners to all the houses... then whats the point ?  Why not just play Hark vs Hark .. or Atr vs Atr that way you know the infantry war will be equal.

Thats really the only way to have a decent infantry war.  And that is to play the same houses vs each other.  perhaps it might be ok to limit people to using like 10 sards or 5 fremen... that could be fair... but trying to alter units to be closer to each other and more balanced is just gonna acheive the same effect as if you just played the same house versus each other.

if u realy want to have more fun and learn somthing about this game stop this

unusfull  coversation  dune was never an infentry mode just go get rome total war

cds  or satellers even then u get ure non machine war dune is tecno and  machine will say the final words in it not infentry

what we realy need to get better in this game is a work art . a mod that maks ai like an elite player that can make multy bulidings and take more bases somthing that can make us choose between impossible levle and insane like when u get 10s of tanks attaking i remeber at dune2 and dune 2000 the ai was  ausom it hit with no mercy from 1 min with wavs and wavs  i remeber putting the game speed on slower

and juse try to rise my base soldier by soldier once i counted an ordos attaking my base with more than 75 tanks they ever used to make massive tank landing at front line i think th ai at ebfd is the weak point in this game . and i wich to see an ai elite player so i can practice and olso when no budy is on line

Obviously the best way to even things up is to just play the same House but that takes a bit of the fun out of it for me. :)

Spicy, its not that I hate tanks...I just hate them being on Arrakis. That, and I really do enjoy playing EBFD with only infantry and air units. I don't want to play some other game.  I want to play this game...I just want to alter it to my liking. :)

So how do I go about moving this post?

aha. you want air units in as well,that levele things up i think . because as i was saying atreids sniper will dominate evry enfentry war .and dont think ordos mortor range will levle things up because of the speed the sniper moves will kill any advancing mortor. as i was saying and i did not mean to annoy you aris some other games have very adanced infentry war if you are into that stuff for ex i have  empir earth game and i think i have about 15 defrent kind of infentry in eatch levele  maybe more . were you can  change lots of things in there clothes, speed. armor, weapon, 10s of things you will have 100s of infentry to make choises and battle hand to hand . i mean dune was olmost a tank war most of the time infentry was just passing by in past games olso air units came later. untill now for ex ordos have only 2 kind of good infentry i mean it can be boaring but with air units i think its better.

olso . i know the current ai patch  but its still eazy.and the ai would never take more bases and i dont realy feel big deffrence from the old one.

• 3 months later...

I am new here so don't get too harsh if i'm wrong but if you look at past Westwood games, take Red Alert for example, have had different countries or something and each has a different stat that applies to all units and increases it. So France had increased defence, Germany increased firepower (etc.) I was just thinking maybe the same sort of thing might apply in EBFD? I mean so harkonen gets increased firepower and or rate of fire regardless of what the stats say, sor tof like a background thing. Anyway just an idea.

By the way gun, where do you download the AI patch? because currently its just average.

I think the best game without tanks would be Ground Control 2. It takes ages to kill infenty in that game, even if you throw missiles at them.

Check it out!

http://www.groundcontrol2.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=4

I actualy DL that demo a long time ago. i played the 2 maps they gave to play online. its was different. but didnt get my full attention to buy it. after being burned one WAR3 and starwars battlegrounds (i had and sold in 2 days) i didnt get ground controls.