Differences in Opinion - Intolerances

The point I was making before however was just about our actions and how we should avoid creating cause for a reaction on the part of the muslim extremist. This has nothing to do with whether the reaction or justified or not, that is irrelevant. In reality, no one cares about justifications in this situation, just probably cause. And we are in control of how others view our actions.

Addressing the issue of action/reaction however - Nothing requires us to respond with revenge over an offense, but our own feeling of pride and justice - our humanity. Some are able to control these urges, but others believe that eye for an eye is a philosophy worth following. Others choose to follow the decisions of legitimate justice systems. When you are dealing with situations of war however, the systems of justice are always biased to one side of the conflict and therefore become illegitimate. No muslim extremist group is ever going to trust the US justice system to justly punish intolerance offenders that mistreated Iraqi prisoners or defiled their religious documents. This is simply because all the offenders will get is a slap on the wrist or a symbolic sentence. We understand that just as well as those extremist groups that this slap on the wrist will only fuel their anger. If there's anything worse than no justice, it's symbolic justice.

As for the cheeseburger crap, which I'm tired of addressing, I asked you to tell me if anything has changed CURRENTLY. I didn't ask you to make up a hypothetical situation that could take place in the future.

I believe that the reaction to revenge must be left up to the legitimate justice systems. If the justice system fails to produce a satisfiable sentence for the one who committed a crime, then it is up to the victim to seek vigilante justice if they desire such. But they should be prepared for the consequences of course.

"If i do exact revenge its gonna be a loss for you... if i dont exact revenge its gonna be a loss for me.  ITs lose/lose .. but who loses is up to the person considering the revenge."

This is why we have a judicial system for individuals, and this is why we have an International Court of Justice for countries: partly so criminals can be prevented from reoffending, partly so there is a deterrent, partly to settle disputes which would otherwise continue ad infinitum.

This is not an objection to the current judicial system per se. (Sure I think that it could be better in some ways but I don't know enough about law to make suggestions.)

The current inter-country juducial system is very tricky ground. For many countries there are the options of things like trade embargos, political exclusion etc. However for major countries such as France and Germany prosecution is much harder. The law often boils down to the country being told to sort out what they are doing wrong or else.

Or else what?

Erm...

Thus the problems is unsolved and no one is any better off.