buzzsaw&worm

Guest Tabaqui of Gidur-log

most people turn off worms in multi play in dune 2k so i figure most will do the same when emperor comes out... plus what were they thinking witht he buzzsaw ..why would i want to destroy the spice that i might need later on i would rather guard the fields for my harvstors

• 4 months later...
Guest Tabaqui of Gidur-log

The new harkonnen weapon for B4D, the buzz saw presumably makes a lot of noice (well duh)

So wouldn't it attract worms... So wouldn't it be a good idea that if you drove a buzzsaw into a big worm rising out of the sand it would get stuck there- you'ld see worm blood everywhere and as the worm sinks back down in the sand you'ld see the buzzsaw frantically trying to get unstuck,see the driver bale out as his vehicle gets dragged down on the wrong side of the worms mouth, and maybe a few hours later a big duststorm would blow the sand way and uncover the lost buzzsaw, good as new except a bit sandy? A bit farfetched but a good idea for a screenshot

The buzzsaws, I don't believe, are meant to be used against worms. I think the idea behind the buzzsaws is that they can be used to destroy spice sands, thereby disrupting your enemy's ability to harvest resources....Almost as bad as destroying his harvester or refinery.

However, the mere fact that the buzzsaws make noise is not enough to attract worms. To attract worms, you have to have rhythmic vibrations. Now, granted, a buzzsaw tearing through the sands WOULD create those vibrations, but the volume doesn't really matter. Truthfully, though, ALL units would attract worms -- infantry walking, tanks rolling, harvesters, etc. The one thing that none of the Dune games have really captured well is the danger of the worms. All I've played is Dune 2K but, in that game, worms are an *occaisional* annoyance...nothing more. Worms should actually be a bigger threat than the enemy, if you stop and think about it.

Think about it you send over a masev atack force to shoot there harvesters. the enemy AI sends out all there forces to stop you. there is a big battle on the sands people runing, tanks roling. It will atrack lots of sand worms.if your losing the batle plant a thumper. th big worm comes out eats half the batlefeild. You lose some units but not a lot since you were loseing. The Ai loses alot of harevesters men ect... Wich would make for a pretty good stategy.

Well there are three sizes of worms in the game so I am guessing the larger worms will have no problem swallowing the Buzzsaw. I believe the Buzzsaw has regular weapons as well so it may use those to attack while the saw is used against Infantry or the spice fields...

Also, the buzzsaw wouldn't get a chance to cut up a sandworm, it would melt or explode before it even came in contact with its skin. Remember: Sandworms produce pure oxygen which comes out of ther mouths and tails.

• 3 weeks later...