Valedvictorian Arrested for Bush Assassination Plot

uhh, I am suprised that you are more shocked about the torture than you are for the assassination plot Ordos... lol  I mean we are not even sure if the alleged assassin really was tortured, and yet you sound more shocked about this than an attempted assassination of our president, no matter how stupid, lame, annoying, and harmful he is to america.

Ridiculous. I doubt he even had a serious plan worked out. But of course, someone with that kind of a name + talking of assassination = terrorists. Personally, I think it's about time the US justice department got some stupid people layed off. And by that I mean we need a new justice department.

TMA dude, I hear people say things like "I hope someone kills Bush" a lot more than I hear "American citizens are being tortured".  No offense, but I'm also superstitious that Bush will suffer the curse of Presidents elected in 0 years, either death or someone making a more serious attempt than this.

And yeah I agree Devil's Advocate, the Justice Department is a bit zealous and...loopy.  A little shakeup might happen with the new AG Bush just got, Gonzales?  Maybe he'll at least uncover the statue whose bare breast offended Ashcroft.

I was, because I wouldnt want that to happen. It wouldnt be good for any harm to come to any president. America doesnt need that right now.

And I am aware of the curse, and not only this but america is so polarized at this moment that I have thought about the assassination scenerio before. Especially since people dispise bush so darn much.

I agree with TMA and feel that there are better ways to fix problems then assonating your politicians. What does surprise me more is that a Valedictorian was that fanatic in his hatred and that was that illogical (stupid even?) ... But nobody said he was guilty yet.

There are worse things than death. He should feel fortunate that death is all I wish for him.

And what's so terrible about assassination? Granted there are better ways of getting what you want (ones that do not create martyrs), but for removing a problem it's quick and efficient.

Dante:  If Bush were assassinated right now, it would fuel the "War on Terror" madness that's been sweeping the industrialized world.  If some "terrorist" were to assassinate Bush, I think the reaction would be as bad as if Reagan had been killed on September 11.

As far as the "assassination plot" goes, I'm skeptical.  I suspect that he'll be convicted, based on how the Justice Department has been behaving recently, but the evidence against him seems to consist of some documents on terrorism and an article that praises the 9/11 attacks.  (How many people on this forum read Ward Churchill's article?)  The charge is pretty absurd.  It'll be bad for free speech when the boy loses his trial.

I know. Like I said, assassination has a tendancy to create martyrs. Still, I wonder whether that would be preferable to the next few years. Had I the oppertunity to kill the man, I'd have a tough time weighing up the pros and con.

thats just silly..... Killing Bush is not worth me going to prison for.... i value the next 80 years of my life more than the thought of killing some political figure who only affects my life minimally.  Its absolute sillyness.  Saying that you would give up your life to kill some political figure is like saying you have nothing better in your life to look forward too but prison.

Yeah I don't want to see Bush dead either.  A)  No one deserves to die.  B) Dick Cheney would be in charge.  C) Martyr.

The curse...

Legend:  A death curse threatens U.S. presidents elected in years evenly divisible by twenty.

Origins:  With one exception, since 1840, U.S. Presidents who have been elected in years ending in zero have been killed or have died of natural causes while in office. And the one exception literally came within an inch of death.

http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.asp

the concept that bush would become a martyr is a great point. Reminds me of Dune in the sense that martyrdom can actually lead to an even more heated religious (in this case a false patriotic) fervor. Of course We are dealing with Bush, and he cant be compared to Paul, it almost insults him.lol

It certainly insults Paul...

The trick would be to balance out the effects of a Bush martyr against the likely actions of the next few years, and decide which would be worse. Right now, a Bush martyr would be worse. But later...