Emperor Dune -  DOA

jack9

Ordos45 I have a feeling he probably won't care. He is right try not to just make pointless posts but contribute to the conversations. There isn't much point to you replying to threads that haven't been replied to in months with simply "I agree" or other such things that don't add anything to them.

I agree. :D Speaking of birthdays, Gobalopper, you opened the site on my birthday! The 15th of January, I'm serious.

Anyway, Shaddam is right. Sales have nothing to do with quality. Good games can stay "hidden" and bad games can get lots of publicity. And you must remember that many people just buy games because "the screenshots look so pretty".

Well,, shame on them, then...

Westwood's RTS formula is a proven one - Fans like it overall, that is a fact. I am not debating whether E;BFD (I love that acronym) is a good game. Christ, it isn't even out yet.

I just can't see a million people buying a damned game if it sucks that bad. At some point hype has to be supplanted by the meat and potatoes of a product.

Since some of you brought it up, Homeworld was an excpetional game, in both sales and play... though the single player was much better than the multi-player side, having an 8 person LAN game of HW was one of the most entertaining games I have ever played, even over Dune 2000, though in all fairness Dune 2000 wasn't exactly meant to be a gameplay leap. Overall if Emperor does as well as HW I think most of us will be happy... except maybe some of you chronic moaners... but we need you people too, otherwise the rest of us wouldn't know all the little mistakes in our games. ;)

- Jason.

• 1 month later...