Age of Empires III Officially Announced

Desert_Eagle25

Hehe.

My friend who is super-serious about warcraft (plays WoW every waking moment he's not at work, and even then takes sick days once a week to play it) is the one who lent me his warcraft three game and nearly died laughing when he saw what I was going.

He, like the rest on this forum, called me an evil player.

He's also the one who informed me I'd get a rep at battle.net doing that.

Which only encouraged me.....

And sure enough, Mahdi is known net-wide as an evil player.

What other games dya play?  ;D

None.  I don't even play that, I just borrowed it for the summer.  Thinking of maybe trying emperor online if I get bored.

And Mahdi wouldn't be known, oh no, I played under a different name.

I am interested in playing the Celtic Kings games.  My brother got the first one for christmas last year and it was really fun.  I think I'm gonna get him the second fo christmas ths year.  If I can find it used.

I downloaded the demo and played skirmish mode thrice with the Spanish. The graphics are quite good though the gameplay can be a little more balanced as artillery is too strong against infantry. There are some minor things that need some tweaking though the overall enjoyment factor I would grade it upon is 8.5/10. The explorer is a little more than a scout with the ability to kill treasure guardians easily, and its seems like an extra to me.

As for any possible sequels in the AoE series, I suppose there can still be another one. Here's my guess:

AoE4 will be set from the time AoE3 left off, 1850 onwards, to 1918, the end of World War I. In WWI, some empires still existed. You will be able to control the Polish, Russian, Austro-Hungarians, Ottoman(weakened by then), English, Prussians(German), French and Japanese empires in the decades leading up to the end of WW1. Tanks, trenches and poison gas in AoE? Hehe, maybe.

Upgrade horses to tanks?

Edit: I thought the game didn't have drummers, standard bearers and officers. I guess I was wrong. Only the demo doesn't have them and it makes things very weird as there is no company formation, making the demo very strange...