What is the slowest conection for Emperor.

cilc01

the main problem is not just the 56k but the distance your connecting has to connect. so in a game which is hosted in the usa my ping my probably much higher as if I would just play a 1on1 with another german player on a game that is hosted in germany. just make sure you check the ping to a host in emperor before entering the game. if you ping is too high it won't be fun for you and all the others in that game. I never played with a 56k EBFD (only shooter like cs & q3) but I think it should be enough for many games near you.

well sadian since am the only one on xwisc who is using a 56modem i think you are some way talking to me  ;D  and i want to tell you somthing  you get the game going mutch faster both on line and single player when you dont have too many programs running on your pc unless you have a super computer offcorse, any programs will slow down the game even msn messanger and i have intel 1100mhz,1.09ghz.128mb of ram and i was testing haw fast a game will load when a few programs are running like firewall and anty virus... ex  well it loaded in about 1 and a half min when i uninstall the programs it loaded in 20 secound!! and it was mutch faster but anyway i cant be an example for haw fast my modem is becose am still using an 8 mb display card witch is  less than the menimum requirment for ebfd (16mb)

The "play with guys nearby" does not really matter....

Because the 'slow' connection is only until the provider.. From there it goes all the same route... (by internet super highway ;))

Further, it is said as being a 'slow' connection. But i think this term is miss-used here. 56K is just as 'fast' as DSL, but the bandwith is smaller...

So the bits are traveling the same speed with 56K as with DSL.

But because DSL has a wider bandwidth, it is considered 'fast'.

oh no skorpija. try a game with a game hoste ind the us and try a game which is hosted at your place. just check the ping in the ingame scale.

I got a 5 mbit connection, when I play cs or q3 on servers in hamburg or frankfurt the game I got a ping about 10-20 ms / but when I play on a UK server it's about 50-70ms and on us server it's about 200 ms

pings aren't that much important in emperor like they are in shooters and games with fast reflexes. but still it's the time you need to contact the server and wait for it's response. so if your ping in emperor is abou 1000 ms it takes much more time to send the commands to the server than if you have a ping with 100 ms.

Hi Vek, i did not say it does not make any difference where the players are lokated... But the difference between 56K and DSL does not matter for the speed.

So if two users have DSL and 1 is lokated in Amerika and the other in Singapore, they would have the same ping if only one player would have DSL and the other 56K (i think it should nto matter much).

But again... just try ;)

56k is however slower than dsl if you check pings. I remember the old days from halflife when the first counter-strike beta came up as a lan game. but after a while more people started to play it online and not only on lan. the pings during the 56k times to a cs server near you (there weren't that much at that time) were about 200-300 ms...

- nowadays with standard dsl (no matter if 1mbit or 5 mbit) you got about 70-100. and with fastpath which most gamer have activated the dsl pings are about 15-35ms.

anyway this discussion is somehow unnecessary. all I wanted to say in my first post that he should check his ping ingame before entering a hosted game, because he won't have any fun in a game with a ping up to 1000ms  ;) and neither won't the other participants.

hi. well actuly not only internet programes will slow the game. even the programs that need a lot of speace and ram can make the pc genaraly slow and croewd the c: driver, so the game will be slow olso when the all system is slow. progrrames sutch as  media players and other games ex... well the online programs do dubble damge coz it slows the internet and the pc. pesonley am testing my game to run as a single program witch means am someway making my pc as a big ebfd  headcourter, and i got a lot of good resolt for doing that, from the speed matter . well actuly that what i ve been doing for the past week thats why i wasnt coming on line a lot .ok thats all  :-X