improvements/fixes for new patch/expansion set

this game is good, but it obviously can be better. i think these changes should be implemented in the coming patch/expansion set.

1. autoretaliation and when the units are moving near an enemy it should automatically fire at them, like in starcraft.

2. follow the story more. b/c atreides infantry and fremen are so fanatically loyal, they should kill themselves immediately after being infected by the contaminators. also, tleilaxu should get gholas/face dancers, which can probably function in the game as spies like in red alert I ( i havent played red alert II are there any spies in that?)the facedancers can take over units and such and such.

yeah

The first idea is not a bad one but your second idea having the "tleilax" gholas/facedancers function as spies and facedancers take over units how are we suppose to tell gholas/facedancers from other units that might be our own? In the novels from what I have read gholas and facedancers only look like other people what real use can they be here a RTS? The thing with the contaminators I'm not sure about that one they still would get re-animated after they die so what difference does that really make?

actually the units in starcraft are running because they are looking for a way to strike back.... :)

The guys in Dune couldn't be bothered to point their weapons in the air and fire back...

There are spies in RA2

they do pretty good things too...

shut down power, reset Superweapons clocks ETC.

Patch 1.08 (or whatever) should do the following:

add the ability to save in LAN games (it was done in Age of Empires II)

give C4 to Saboteurs (when they run into a building they'll detonate C4 and blow themselves up as well as the building :) (like in Dune 2000))

make Saboteurs more expensive (this should be done because Sabos will have C4)

make EITSs more expensive ( " " " " " " " " ")

give Sabos Scout- and APC-like cloaking ability? (I'm not 100% sure of this one (it was suggested by my neighbour

:())

make Makers better (I think everyone will agree with this one)

make more prerequisites for the MCV (other than just having a Factory)

make small range increasement for the Ordos pop-up turret? (also suggested by my neighbour)

make AA mines more powerful? ( " " " " " )

ADD MORE MAPS!

I agree with making the popup better. It says in the manual it has further range than the gas turret... however thats no true. I think all defenses in the game should have better range and deal a bit more damage, at least bring them up to RA2 standards.

Hey erm...... the Immediate getting MCV by building a Factory is to prevent rushers of getting your Const. Yard immediately... like in RA2 you can build 10 Tanks and just rush for his Const. Yard and then you have already won since you probably cannot build an MCV...

I got another suggestion!

formations saving..... ingame you may move your units into a formation then press Ctrl F9-F12 which saves the formation... then with the same amount of forces (not necessarily the same units) pressing F9-F12 will automatically move them into that formation :)