The Color Of Red?

The minimum number of computer players is one. All you need to do is start with one which isn't red, change your colour to red, and then add the other computer players, if necessary. If the one computer player is red, which shouldn't happen every time, just go back and enter the skirmish screen again.

I'm not entirely sure I've grasped the nature of the problem, since it seems so simple. Is it more complex than I've understood it to be?

Is it possible in a Skirmish game for YOU, the player, to use the color red? Because the computer always takes up the color red and I don't know how to change his color. It's annoying to play as Harkonnen and have to use ORANGE as your color!

Technically, it is possible to play an offline skirmish game using the red colour for your units and buildings, but that requires the modification of a specific file. I think it's already been done before, if you ask for it, someone will probably direct you to it or make the modification for you and send it to you.

The minimum number of computer players is one. All you need to do is start with one which isn't red

Yes, the minimum number of computer players is one. Assuming the game hasn't been modified in any way, you can't start an offline skirmish game with an AI that isn't red, since red is the first colour that is automatically selected by the default mandatory one AI player. Therefore you can not remove this AI player to select the red colour for yourself, then add the AI player back.

• 1 year later...