Fan maps for online play

erjin999

I haven't looked thru them all nunu. When I get home this weekend I will try to give some recommendations. I will also tell Whistler, he gets to play more than I do and he has played more of them than me. This is probably a dumb question, but for online you only want sand maps? With 111 maps to look at I figure I can cut down on cantidates by weeding out the smaller maps? maybe 4 person and up, or do you mean one on one also?

• 2 weeks later...

There is a good 4 player map, very symetrical, called Gunwounds Platinum. Its going to be quite fair as it is so symetrical, no one can say they had a bad rock. It does take a bit away from the "having to build new base" issue, as the rocks are huge !

I will post more as I play and remember them...

EDIT: Changed "map" for "rock"

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to nun for telling me about this thread I can sorta put in my view.  Yes as gunwounds said alot of the maps aren't very unique but I could live with that. 

ThuggedOut n Blades Fate aren't bad maps but there are like knife fight.

Gunwounds Platinum3, Pro's Fight Club, n Minotaur Deathzone are something different from

the Great Fishers Plain.

Tribute to EBFD, Sietch of the Bridges, n Desert Gateway are pretty good 8 player maps IMO.

Some others like Secret Passages, Air Massacre, Temple of Arrakis, and Hall of Pillars would be some new maps to try.  I got some others downloaded also. 

Anyway they are just something that we could try if u download em.  If it turns out they all really suck if we could ever get games on em then its not to hard to go back to ye Old Fishers :)

yeah we will have more different strats and more fun with em. especially with stiech of the bridges. "stiech alley 2" is for me the best and hardest map ever (in skirmishganmes) if u make there 8 ai u will die 3 out of 5 for sure. so it woulda be a great map obnline if we have 8 players.

so guys, download those maps, wich we r talking bout, or if u want another map, post it, and ill look if i have it or if i have to download it.

go to this site to download em. http://www.dune2k.com/?page=files-emperor&show=fanmaps

and go to this site to download the mappacker to unpack those files http://www.dune2k.com/download.php?id=48

KALONY

for all guys who have some problems with the mappacker (i had some probs 2 in the beginning) here is a unpacked rar-file wich i had uploaded. download it, unzip it, and place it in the mapfolder. ...emperor/data/maps.

www.chicago-jazzz.de/mp3/siechofthebridges.rar

so we can have a good start to play at least this map online...

KALONY

Thats good Kal, I hope we can get all the maps we decide on in Zip or rar format (or heck, any other compressed format) as I hate having to use the Map-unpacker. We can upload the maps to a server, and let them be downloaded from there and unziped to the Emp directory.

I will amend the first post top include the maps mentioned so far...

Well, I will see if I can get someone to host the unpacked files for us. in the mean time, we can download the 8 Player maps Tribute to EBFD and Desert Gateway, and seeing as you made stiech alley 2 easy to get, that one too...

Have mercy next time and try to post some links ! :'(

Hehehe, anyway, they are there, and I have put them in the player catergory it says on the downlaod section but Crash Trash looks small and says 8 players  :-  :O

I will have them all at home by tomorrow hopefully, so anyone who wants to lose to me can play me anytime after that... :P