Shocked

I was shocked by the stupidness of my unit today..... they are at a new level of idiotcy..... my Rocket turret was firing at Chem Trooper when Las Tanks were within firing range.... My Minotaurus decided to try and shoot a unit that was out of LOS while there were 3 Assault Tanks NEXt to it (it couldn't fire at a unit behind a building so it sat on its ass BTW thats 2 of em)

man I'm surprised how dumb your units act when looked at carefully.....

Micromanagment is a pain in the a$$ and I'm gald someone else sees the same thing. But I also can't help wonder do the units behave this way because you have them assigned to other duties so I will use force fire still when it happens it is the most annoying crap.

Lazy units!

lucky mine doesn't do that

I don't mind micromanagement..... I spent 7-10 minutes in Cataclysm putting 18 Acolytes to spell FFA :)

put then there is Micromanagement (usually telling your units to move to a location and do their thing) and there is macromanagement (even smaller) where you tell your unit to go there but have to tell it to sidestep that Kinjal, don't go where there is a worm moving about (duh!) and finally telling it to do its thing at the location (its not automatic)

lol not to mention....... imagine this.....

A Mongoose commander looks at the incoming forces. A Laser Tank... technology same and a Trooper...

Now the mongoose CO knows he has two tank killer units... behind him are two sandbikes rushing to reinforce him... He looks at his weapon status. An ANTI-ARMOR missile launcher is all green. The Enemy forces come within firing range and the Anti-Infantry sand bikes are a few meters back. A decision has to be made. The CO fires at the...... Trooper! why?? because he is stupid... his weapon is ineffective against soldiers AND to piss the Supremem Commander (you) off!!!!!

A bit of micromanagement is good (otherwise you, the player, just sit there watching your units), but this is nuts! I agree, the unit AI is not very good. The units also get stuck too easily. Can't they just make the units walk over one another A LITTLE BIT like in Starcraft.

• 2 weeks later...

well the AI is kinda dumb ...but if u just had to build units and do nothing its almost like watching a movie..whre the point in that......i mean some micromangment would be needed.....and as 4 missfire..or in this case dumbfire or no fire......well.....if u were in a rank and saw a whole bunch of ugly purple things running towards ...well.......um....u mite panic and just randmoley fire not aware of the threat elsewhere........wel....wutever