Dreamer of Dune Now In Paperback

Colonel_Worf

All of Brian Herbert& Kevin J. Anderson Dune novels are potentially flawed, it all depends on who's history you believe. Frank Herbert gave his close friend-and-confidante permission to release "The Dune Encyclopedia" a while ago (pre HOD) and his timeline is much different to the one Herbert & Anderson came up with... even down to who the father of Duke leto was. I had read the Encyclopedia before the prequel series and the Legends of Dune series... so I guess my view was biased.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Where did that come from?? Dreamer of Dune is the biography of Frank Herbert written by Brian... we weren't talking about flaws at all.

And why in the world would anyone pay $23 for a paperback? I've never seen a mass market paperback novel over $7.99

All of Brian Herbert& Kevin J. Anderson Dune novels are potentially flawed, it all depends on who's history you believe. Frank Herbert gave his close friend-and-confidante permission to release "The Dune Encyclopedia" a while ago (pre HOD) and his timeline is much different to the one Herbert & Anderson came up with... even down to who the father of Duke leto was. I had read the Encyclopedia before the prequel series and the Legends of Dune series... so I guess my view was biased.

Although I'm pretty sure that the DE conflicts with both the original novels (to a small extent) and the prequels (to a huge extent).

EDIT: see the first question on this page:

http://dunenovels.com/FAQ.html