Help! TS: Firestorm re-conversion.

MrFlibble

Hey, can anyone lend me a hand?

I've got a localized (Russian) version of TibSun: Firestorm, but I want to convert it back into English. For this, I need the following files:

gmenu.mix

firestrm.ini

mapsel.01.ini

mission1.ini

tutorial.ini

sounds01.mix

All of these are located inside the Expand01.mix file (except sounds1.mix). If anyone can post them here (archived, but not MIX's - they're too large I suppose), or give a link to a possible site where I can download these files, I'll be grateful to you :)

As far as I could make out, language.dll contains only such things as menu text, but not the internal strings. I kept the localized DLL out (replaced with the one coming with my original TS that is English). Anyway, I've found almost all the ini's on various modding sites (except the tutorial.ini :( that contains in-game strings like "Objective 1: Do <this> and <that>"). The gmenu.mix file contains new animated main menu buttons ('New Campaign' and all that) and sounds01.mix - new sounds and speech.

That's true, but you haven't defined the range of localization. Things like object names are in rules.ini (inside tibsun.mix/local.mix), with sound I can't help you. You would need original sounds, like I did with my russian Shogun:TW (nas general sloozil svoju golvu za nasevo daimja ;D )...

Small update:

I've found most ini files (tutorial.ini still missing though). maybe someone can provide me the MIXes or they contents (aud files in sound01.mix and pcx images in gmenu.mix)

nas general sloozil svoju golvu za nasevo daimja ;D

You were lucky still, cuz thoze who worked on my Firestorm loc. got all sounds corrupted >:( XCC AV player crashes when I try to play them...