how many comps can you beat?

SpiceGuid

StarCraft elite players bragg about beating 4 or more comps.

I easily beat 1 comp but can't beat more, 2 comps can't be rushed plus i am overwhelmed.

How many comps can you beat?

If more than 1, can you provide a replay as tutorial ?

I am especially interested in Protoss beating 2 Zerg comps.

thanks in advance.

I remember my first time playing against the computer. It was before I had even beat any campiagns. In about 15 minutes they(many armies) ran over my elite protoss defense structures. 8)

But I havn't played it too much lately.

I heard you can even play with computers against computers (teams). I didn't know that at the time.

so i have attached 4 BroodWar replays as examples how to beat 1 zerg comp with the fierce Protoss warriors.

just duplicate the build order and unit production, just should crush the comp without possible failure.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

3 is my best, I'll see if I have any screens and/or replays. If not, I'll play one for you.

I can also fight 7 comps when they're set to Free For All, but 3 is my best Melee record.

I play as Terran.

Yes, Terran is my favorite race; and Free For All is the way to beat the maximum number of computers. You just slowly build and take control.

Rookie; what's your favorite Terran strategy? I prefer to build infantry divisions of Marines & Medics with Tank/Wraith support.

hmm depends on the map.

In the optimum setting I was terran on big game hunters and i beated 7 comps of varying races. Which simply came down to exploiting the enemy AI. On other maps though 3 was prolly my maximum. Although i haven't played it for a while and certainly am not as good as i once used to be.

I usually play Free for All against max computers. That is extremely easy.

In Melee, I think I have defeated two computers, or perhaps three. I don't remember as I used to play Melee like four years ago.

any Protoss master here?

My life for Aire! My favortie startegy is to build my second pylon near the enemy base then build 3 Warp Gates, send all workers on mining minerals, and then rush with Zealots  ;) And in that time build up the base around the Pylon, that's close to the enemy base. That strategy confuses most of unskilled players and they surrender at the sight of photon canons near their doorstep  :) If the opponent doesnt' give up - fine, hold the Siege, during that time build up a Carrier fleet also some Arbiters...

Guys, I'm re-beating the single player campaigns for StarCraft. I did the whole Terran campaign today, it only took me about 4 hours. Basically, marines did it. In every mission, just spam marines, upgrade them, make sure you use them wisely and pull them back to tanks or cruisers when they need it. The only units I ever needed to build were SCVs, Marines, Seige Tanks, Battlecruisers, and a Science Vessel for mobile detection. That's all a Terran player needs. Right now, I'm basically convinced that StarCraft was a fair game until Brood War -- with Medics, Terrans are just overpowered.

Zerg will be done tomorrow, and will be another story entirely. I think I'm just going to spam Hydras, since they're theoretically a better marine. We'll see how that goes.

I've played a few matches online yesterday. And it convinced me, that the terran are indeed overpowered. I won the first match against a less expierenced player with my favorite Zealot siege rush, but in the second match, against a very good player,  I did the rush with the same timing and i was met with 5 Siege tanks deployed ^^. He he....He kicked my ass quickly afterwards. His army was always mixed of many different units. Not a single weakness :

Guys, I'm re-beating the single player campaigns for StarCraft. I did the whole Terran campaign today, it only took me about 4 hours. Basically, marines did it. In every mission, just spam marines, upgrade them, make sure you use them wisely and pull them back to tanks or cruisers when they need it. The only units I ever needed to build were SCVs, Marines, Seige Tanks, Battlecruisers, and a Science Vessel for mobile detection. That's all a Terran player needs. Right now, I'm basically convinced that StarCraft was a fair game until Brood War -- with Medics, Terrans are just overpowered.

Zerg will be done tomorrow, and will be another story entirely. I think I'm just going to spam Hydras, since they're theoretically a better marine. We'll see how that goes.

Not really overpowerderd, just target the meidcs..

Well, Rookie, that's rarely a solution to the problem. If the enemy has 6 medics and 12 marines, the medics can cross-heal each other while you shoot at them. And while you're focusing on the medics, marines are having their way with you.

You're rushing late then.

The rush is supposed to take place before the factory is built...

not always. Some people indeed skip the marines and do the siege tank rush. A bit of a dangerous strategy but it can sure pay off.