Harvesters and air unit game flaw..what do i do?

birdie

actualy to clarify. it's not when they are collecting spice but near the refineries. the will not go to them but sort of spasm nearby. even when there is no line. i really thought this would be something common. hmm.

ok i can explain...

this is due to "fighting over center pad"

sometimes two harvesters will fight over the same center pad instead of one just taking the left or right... this is common... just ignore it nothing you can do about it.  except maybe select harvy .. stop it and then re-direct it.

3 full upgraded refs r mostly enough for a game. u can do 4 if u built realy much units with 3 facs 3 sards  3 hangars and so on..., but dont built 12 extra harvs...lol.

this bug with the planes is well known. but u can dosomething against it. just set a waypoint from the hangar, so that they go a lil bit away from it. imo u solve the prob with it.

KALONY

As Kal-the-man says, use a waypoint to move those little birdies away from the hanger. I had that happen to me once and ended up having to blow the gunship to bits. Using waypoints is quicker too, I think, as the new units come straight out of the building and dont wait for the queue to move along before letting the new unit out and starting the next unit. Maybe...maybe not. Anyone here with better knowledge of this ?

As for harvs, it happens if you have to many, just a side effect of having too many per ref. Also, when you build the extra harvs, I am not sure whether the new ones actually all head to the same ref or not. I have seen on my 3 refs, one ref with a queue of 5 harvs, and the next ref, same base, empty !

Bah, drives me mad...

thanks, nice to know it was common and i'm not that odd of a player. usually i set waypoints but in these cases i don't think i did. aha. and teh harvester thing..i too notice esp when i have three maxed refineries that the harvesters will go to one..leaving the others barren. then i have to click a few and try to group them to the other refineries..interrupting building and battle. that leads mre to another question. when you click on a harv. you can then click on a refinery..does this insure they will go to the selected one when they are finished harvesting spice? it seems it doesn't necessarily work. there must be some simple coding alg. for spice collection that poops out.

^v^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...