Guild Wars

Andoreion

It was real fun...they need to add a "trade" command though.

An I hope they would support a joystick in the full version, and have random maps :)

Anyway what are your char's name?

1) When the game is released, trade between players will be possible.

2) Why would you want to play with a joystick ?? About random maps, the released game will have a bigger map with more missions as far as I am aware. You can expand that world with expension packs that they will release every half year (or at least that's what they intend).

3) Doc Nyar :)

I have a strange habit of playing ARPGS

with joystick...and it does give better control than keyboard.

Emm...D-pad for movement, L/R button for camara view change, one as "tab" for choosing between enemies, one as "confirm", one button for 180 degree view change, others...hotkeys.

I'm Johnny Tucker the elementalist/monk. I call myself a Silver Mage as I'm dying my clothes with silver colour  :D. Hard to find, though  :(

Something that annoys me is that the game creates a bluescreen without any text on it after about an hour or an hour and a half...

You certainly seem happy about the graphics. :) On what kind of system did you run the game, and in what resolution could you play it?

Intel P4 3Ghz

1gig DDR400 ram (dual channel)

GeForce 5950Ultra

Soundblaster Audigy 2 platinum

Win XP Pro

1.5down and 1mb up cable connection

I play all my games in 1024*768 res. (refresh rate at 85Hz). I had between the 75 and 135 FPS. It depended on how heavy a batlle was.

The graphics of the game are awesome. I hope they allow me in their Beta test in a few months. I'd love to see the improvements they made. Good thing is, they can upgrade the game while you play. Just once I had to restart the game for the changes to take effect, but all in all, you won't have to. Parts of the world are loaded as soon as you enter them. Every time you go back, the game checks for updates and loads it if needed. It's definately a game I will buy.

Good addictive online game, but I had hte graphics all the way up and they were not overly exciting, although usable.

(I only played the first mission thing at start)

Do not forget that this was their Alpha test... Not bad if you take that in consideration..

Will there be a monthly fee for Guild Wars?

No, there will not be a monthly subscription fee of any kind, anywhere.

Yeah, right.  I'll believe it when I see it.  Sorry if it seems cynical, but it won't be out yet before they change their minds on this one.

Other than that though, it looks impressive, though I've never really liked RPGs anyways (even the non-P2P ones).