Modified Dune II Clone

MrFlibble

Hi people! Could ya plz explain me something? I've got some ideas on creating a new RTS game based on Dune II, but not just a clone with higher resolution and the ability to select multiple units. It would feature completely new units, sides, story, etc. Ok, I've put all my ideas into a single text file and sent it to TonyD and Stefan Hendriks via e-mail, along with some new unit/building graphics I've created, maybe they would use them in their projects (Dune Legacy and Dune II The Maker). But I still haven't got any replies. Explain me, probably it's some kinda taboo on such projects, or it's simply unpopular. ??? If someone is interested in this, I will continue my work and share all what I have made with them.

They're both very innaccessable ;) Email your stuff to me if you're interested and perhaps we could incorporate some into my project :) Sardaukar2000. There is a thread in gaming if you're interested. It's essentially what you've described, but will be more advanced than Dune2k.

My Dune 2 clone has the ability to do some of what you want (new units, races, buildings) which you can change through its ini file.

But it's still at an early stage of development, so wont offer you the total flexibility that your after at the moment. You can however modify my source code to your own needs so long as you agree with the licence.

You can download my dune clone from:

http://www.dune.datum.tv

I always wanted to make a Dune 2 sequel and invented some ideas (based on other games) but I lack of skills to implement them.

For example:

Basic structures

Atreides

Command Center which produces MCVs which can be transformed to any building.

Ordos

They have mechanical Drones which can construct buildings and then instructed to do other things

Multiple drones can be used to speedup construction.

Harkonnen

They have Warp Platform which establishes structures even more than one at once. The buildings can only be built on black "industrial area". The Warp Platform can be modernised to Torture Chambers and then to Barons Palace to allow other technologies.

What's your ideas?

Minniatian, that sounds cool.  But for some reason I always imagined that Atredies would have the warp platform.  Dont know why, it just seems to me that Harkonnen are more "dirty" and "mechanical."