Found my Dune DVD!

Mahdi

Last wednesday I stumbled across my Special Edition DVD of Frank Herberts Dune.  I ahd thought I'd lost it forevere during my move from Residence back home last April, but nope, it has returned!

So happy about that.

Ironically, that was also the night Newman guest starred on Angel.  Coincidence?  I think so.

Never did find what I was actually looking for, though....

Gonna have to watch it soon.

I might to... I havnt watched it in a while, I wana watch the battle for arrakeen scene, that one was prety cool  :)

and a question...

Why do they all use short daggers and blades? Why no larger swords or weapons? Surely you can make these path slowly through a sheild as well...

They do use swords, as is seen in many pre invasion scenes (Paul training with Rapier, Duncan being a swordmaster, gaurds being described as armed with swords) but they'd be useless without a lot of training.  Much easier to control the speed of a dagger than a Katana.

hmm, but you don't have the range of a sword :) .

Oh btw, i just got my Lynch Dune on DVD. And well... it has it's good points... and it's rediculous points :) . Those shields looked like shit. Also the orithopter and the way it flew looked crappy. I also found the movie to be quite different from the book.

Good things were the sandworms IMO. Looks better than in FH's Dune (I mean design, not special fx :) )

In fact, the extended range is mroe of a problem in shield fighting than an advantage.  The longer the weapon, the greater the range the less precise control, the less usefull it is.

They do use swords, as is seen in many pre invasion scenes (Paul training with Rapier, Duncan being a swordmaster, gaurds being described as armed with swords) but they'd be useless without a lot of training.