No-room and technology confusion

TMA_1

In heretics especially it talks about no-rooms and how ancient they are. They even enter one that dates far back in the history of the duniverse. The thing is though it seems to indicate by what they say that it was created by people in geidi prime during the early reign of leto II, not during the rulership of baron vladimir, which it suggests.

In the prequels it mentions the no-room and it seems that the no-room vladimir, rabban, and piter are in is the same one that is in heretics with duncan ghola and so on.

they even take the technology from heretics and chapterhouse and put it in the prequels (like the nullentropy bins and whatnot). I cant reconcile this though, and the technologies seem a bit more modern then during the time of paul atreides. Because technology boomed during leto II when he overlooked many of the Ixian practices that were hunted upon by earlier emperors. They arent even mentioned in Dune to GEOD, but the last two books. they take all this stuff and add it to the prequels. Dont you guys think though that some of this, if not all of it is chronologically messed up?

This, as well as the primitive no-room seem to be placed in at the wrong time, that the baron vladimir didnt have these things, as it was too early. It seems to me that the no-rooms as well as the other technologies mentioned are later invented after the time of paul.

what do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure the no room in the prequels is supposed to be the no room in Heretics. (same bodies)

They really screwed up the timeline with the no technology which goes to show a) They can't think up their own stories or b)They want to keep original Dune items in thier books to boost popularity.

Authors of prequels simply have no chance to catch up with Herbert, so they do pathetic tries, which end up with mistakes and widerspruchs against original timeline. I would say there is a canon, six books of Dune. And then we have apocryphes: prequels, D7 project...

and we mustnt forget the no-ship that the baron used to try to frame Leto on that guild ship in the prequels.  i personally think the no-ships in the prequels are something that brian and kevin added themselves to the story.  hell...if you think about it, we dont even know how much of the stuff in the prequels is based on ideas frank had.  i have a feeling its mostly stuff added in by brian.  im sure anyone who's seen my other posts will realize by now that im not a fan of the prequels.  ive read the house books and butlerian jihad.  they were readable, but i found myself wishing they would end soon.  as far as the technology thing....hmmm, oddly enough, this post makes me think of the star wars movies.  i love the original star wars films, but i really dont like the new ones too much.  i think one thing that i dont like about the new ones is that the technology seems more advanced even though it takes place BEFORE the originals.  and i think it just has to do with the times we live in.  the sense of creativity frank had is not in the prequels, so the focus is shifted to technology and "cool" things or however you want to put it.  i think this is what happened with star wars too.  i think the focus is too much on special effects and not enough on storyline and decent acting (the dialogue is fucking awful in those new films).  ok....im done, i probably went off topic, but fuck it.

I remember in starwars the first movie, when obi wan was talking about the light sabre, he said it was an elegant weapon for a more elegant age, meaning that before the empire, things were a lot more beautiful looking and whatnot. I agree though that it is a bit over the top. Y wings were the workhorse before the x wing for the rebellion. It took that huge ship and a huge power source to make deflector shields possible. those naboo ships had them with their small body, and were elegant and beautiful, but too much technology packed in those things for that time. The looks can easily be explained, that things were more utilitarian when fighting against the empire. Still though the technology was too advanced I think, as the ships before the Y wing rarely had delfector shields, as well as less powerful lasers. They also didnt perfect Ion cannons yet. as there are many mistakes with those in the trilogy with prequels. a bunch of other technological mistakes too.

Authors of prequels simply have no chance to catch up with Herbert, so they do pathetic tries, which end up with mistakes and widerspruchs against original timeline. I would say there is a canon, six books of Dune. And then we have apocryphes: prequels, D7 project...

Right, right... if you look closely at the books, the guy who created the no-ship/no-room tech was killed by Beast Rabban and the technology was lost... and then THOUSANDS of years went by and it was discovered again.

Why would Frank have said so? Some remark like:

Leto II said: It's pretty, but I bet they did it nicer in the old days.

Or...

Baron say: Damn the Atreides! Remember that cloak we tried to use? Boy... i'm still burning up.

Why would anyone mention it? The technology was lost, why bring it up? Frank Herbert was trying to promote an atmosphere of past failure with the baron with regards to House Atreides, and in my opinion left those failures intentionally vague.