Dune 2000 is still alive!

Iain McNeil

Man, if only I had enough money and knowledge (more problematic part... :P) I would set up my own "everworking" server. I also tried to connect to WOL, but always got dumped after serveral attempts. The problem is - I think - that fandom is always overthrown by money. And if people do not change this attitude effectively (I'm not talking about small groups of fans) the game will perish in the near future. I think WW should manufacture a new series of D2k with extras included. I'd be in the first line to buy one of them. It happened the same with Dune novels in Hungary. All the early editions were sold and only after long months were you able to find a small shop hidden somewhere in the city (or worse - in the country,) which had one final copy of the book. And I think the problem is the same with the games too. The makers/owners think that people do not play with these games - and as we all know they couldn't be more mistaken. The "retro" or "goldie-and-oldie" feeling is being very popular now. So I think D2k would only need a little boost or something...

(And if only they'd make Dune2 available for internet or at least multiplayer play... seventh heaven on earth...:D)

• 3 years later...

My name is Iain McNeil and I was the team leader on the Dune 2000 project & initially on Dune Emperor as well. Its really great to see so many people still getting fun out of a game that we made 5 years ago ( I forget now!)?

I just want to say that Dune 2000 was one of my first games and I really like it. Thank you for this great game and good luck with your company.

Very tiny note: Do you think you could show us some 'secret' Dune 2000 material or material you really like?

• 1 month later...

>< i miss d2k soo much lol but i havnt had the $$ available in a way i can buy something online lol stupid need of credit cards so i kinda ended up getting addicted to WoW lol anyways guys im back !! yet again... lol