HELP(XCC WOL IRC Server Client)

elrond2k

• 1 month later...

My brother is also having the same problem. He has a setup that works fine with WOL. He is using the same XWIS exe file to change servers as I am (it all works for me). His hosts file IS different from mine, but contains the correct line in it.

It connects to XWIS, then after a few seconds, bombs out. I also know of at least 1 other person who has the same problem. I will try to replace his hosts file with mine, and see if that works. By the way, we are both using WinXP, emp V1.9 and...cant think of anything else

He has used the recommended HOSTS file, and has no luck. So its not the HOSTS file. He has not got SP1 on XP.

He also has norton 2003, but then so do I, so I am not sure why that would be a problem (some people seem to think XP and Norton 2k3 can be a problem, but I seem to be fine with both).

At a loss at the moment.

Does anyone know what the XWIS server is doing after about 6 seconds ? Any checks or anything ?

8)

for that stuff of error westwood online disconnected maybe u connected more than 3 accounts... thats why they wont let u in ...

for the "host cannot be updated" u need to copy this ... 62.216.18.38 servserv.westwood.com

and press the open button, then paste it this way:

# Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.

#

#

You are possibly right, I think I have made more than 2 accounts on one email address. But is that what you mean ? Or do you mean 3 accounts connected at any one time ?

In case it is the first one, I will try making another account with another email address and testing that.

By the way, brothers account works on my computer, so I am not too shure about this...

I will get him to do a full uninstall and reinstall thingy.

If not, he can stay on WOL and redirect newbies to XWIS !

How does the server know that I am connected with 3 or more accounts ? Is it meant to be 3 per IP ? Or 3 acounts full stop ? I am slightly confused. Could you direct me to a place where I can read more about this please ? Maybe Mr Olaf van der Spek can shed some light on this ?

i dont know if there is a link for that... hmm...  i think ... that is 3 accounts per ip cuz.. i tried to do everything to get online with other accounts and nothing........ im gonna check if there is a link for that info ur looking for.......

Thats cool, I have a seperate serial per computer (I want to whoop my bro online as well !). Only thing is...I dont see how my serial is linked to my nick, when did I enter my serial when I created nick ?

I would love for you to pass on that link, thanks dude !

If it is a single installation that cannot have 3 nicks, then that should be fine, as I have only created mine on my computer. I have my nick on mine, and he has his nick on his computer...

But it is worth trying.

Thanks

Thanks for that Mr Olaf van der Spek !  ;) I will delete the nicks as soon as possible, well the extra ones...

I am curious about the mechanics of this. Where does it get the serial for the game from ? Why, if I use my login on his computer (his game, his serial) does it still kick me out ? When my login nick was created on my machine with my serial ?